Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

38 weeks and weird pains - are these labour signs?

(6 Posts)
Booboostoo Sat 28-May-11 14:54:46

I'm 38 weeks and 2 days and I have some weird pains on Thursday and again today. Very sharp, stabbing pains in my lower belly, when lying down and trying to move from one side to the other. Lying on my right side was just impossible today, on the left I finally settled. I was fine on the Friday (weird right?) and fine when standing or sitting, but I have to sleep at some point!

TheSecondComing Sat 28-May-11 14:56:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TiggieWiggle Sat 28-May-11 16:28:18

I'm 38 weeks too and get this at night. Seems to be on days when I've overdone it a bit with lifting and bending. Haven't been so bad today. You could take paracetamol if it's stopping you sleep or I find a glass of wine helps blush would rather have a small glass than take tablets!

Booboostoo Sat 28-May-11 19:46:48

Thanks guys! I am taking it super easy, not lifting anything at all, taking small walks but that's about it - I'm actually too tired and awkward to do much else!

jimper Sat 28-May-11 19:52:57

I am also 38 weeks and experiencing exactly the same thing - it takes me about half an hour to turn over and really hurts! Oh well!

Booboostoo Sat 28-May-11 22:16:27

Mmm, sounds like yet another one of the joys of pregnancy then! Just when you thought it couldn't get any more annoying!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: