Talk

Advanced search

Anyone at St Heliers?

(6 Posts)
gonnabmum Fri 27-May-11 18:40:38

Hi,

I have been given an option of Mayday or St Heliers for birth, I have heard very bad things about Mayday, but mixed reviews on St Heliers. Tempted to go with St Heliers. Anyone have any latest experiences in St Heliers?

Thanks

MrsEllis Fri 27-May-11 20:11:02

Hi there

My friend had her baby at St Helier in 2008 and couldn't say enough good things about her experience there.

I am also going to have my baby at St Helier and my experience so far there (a trip to EPAU, a reassurance scan due to miscarriage in Feb and booking appointment with a lovely midwife called Emily) has been very, very positive.

Hope that helps a bit.

MrsHerculePoirot Fri 27-May-11 20:14:09

I had my baby at st helier in December 2009 and would say they were brilliant, definitely go there! Their post natal care was fab and I opted to stay in an extra night to get extra support with bfing.

Congratulations and hope all goes well for you!

aStarInStrangeways Fri 27-May-11 20:18:06

I'm booked at St Helier and have heard lots of positive reports from other local mums. Again, all the staff I've seen there so far have been lovely. Apparently they also have a very supportive homebirth team, if that's something you think you might want.

gonnabmum Fri 27-May-11 23:01:07

Thanks for the replies, makes me feel a lot better about St Heliers.

Halgirl Sun 29-May-11 11:24:48

I am under st helier and was for both my first pregnancy and an ectopic pregnancy. I do have issues with them, especially with my last birth, some aspects have been good some not, but am quite clear about what i want and how I want to be treated so am quite confident this time round. I did however go for my 12 week scan last week only to find out it had been cancelled and I hadn't been told. They said it was too early and that the bloods I had done were done to early and they needed them for the scan. I was fuming especially when they wanted to send me my next scan date because it hadn't been booked. I refused to leave until I had it booked. You just sometimes have to be firm with them in getting what you want. But facilities are great and from what I've heard about Mayday would def chose st helier over that hospital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now