Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

knee pain

(5 Posts)
Valiant1 Fri 27-May-11 16:08:34

i am 22+3 and am having achey knees and hips like when i was on a piriod and sort of belly ache to go with it. any one else have it or have an idea what it is?

NewMummy5July2011 Fri 27-May-11 18:04:39

Hi I'm 34 + 3 and I started having a bad knee suddenly a few weeks ago. I saw my GP and he told me down to weight gain and ligaments softening due to hormones. He also said many of the tests they do to check your knees can't be done during pregnancy boooo. He said it will likely go away once baby arrives, but until then, paracetamal (can never spell that one right!) can help as can cold or hot compress.

Not very helpful I'm afraid but I sympathise!

8rubberduckies Fri 27-May-11 18:42:42

Hi I have SPD, and my knees are also killing me! I am seeing a chiropractor and she says my knee pain is caused by 1) my muscles in my legs overcompensating because my pelvis is weak and 2) my arches have collapsed because of extra weight and bad posture. She suggested I got some shoes with proper support, so I went out and got some Birkenstocks this week and am already noticing a difference. Shaped insoles in trainers / pumps will also help.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 27-May-11 22:03:23

I got a pair of orthotics just around the time I found out I was pregnant and they have worked wonders for my sore knees and feet. I dread to think what I would be like without them. Im also seeing a chiro for hip pain and she has worked wonders.

Valiant1 Sat 28-May-11 14:18:52

thanks i was up most of the night felt like someone was pouring hot water down the inside of my knee have some suppor stockings on order and wil look into new shoes see them birkenstocks this week on sale in TJ Huges thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: