Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ringworm Panic

(7 Posts)
Tinks30 Fri 27-May-11 14:35:39

Hi There,
I'm 6W and just found out my friend has ring worm. Is this something to be worried about? We regularly share food.
confused

Renaissance227 Fri 27-May-11 15:02:39

Where is your friend's ringworm?
Apparently ringworm is the most common superficial fungal infections out there and is easy to treat.
Do you have any symptoms?
Either way don't worry. It's not dangerous to your baby or you apparently.

Tinks30 Fri 27-May-11 15:04:25

It's on her neck. I don't think I have any ringworm symptoms, plenty of baby symptoms grin
Thank you. I wasn't feeling too worried, kids get them all the time at school don't they?!

bloom123 Fri 27-May-11 15:05:01

Depsite the name, ringworm is nothing to do with a worm, its a skin rash.

You may be thinking of tapeworm or threadworm which is passed on through bad food hygieve ?

Renaissance227 Fri 27-May-11 15:09:08

Ringworm 'a fungal infection' can be passed on through sharing things and touch apparently.
If you only have baby symptoms then that's a good thing! grin

Tinks30 Fri 27-May-11 15:11:21

Thanks Renaissance. As long as its not dangerous I'll not worry about it. xx

cluckypoo Fri 27-May-11 22:33:40

It's nothing to worry about, even if you do catch it (which is unlikely). i got ringworm in the 1st trimester and my GP said it doesn't effect the baby and was given some cream to clear it up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: