Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

38 weeks

(12 Posts)
elt37 Fri 27-May-11 14:01:02

hi everyone I am 38 weeks ( just over ) and fed up !!! pls tell me this is normal!!
My whole pregnancy hasnt been the easiest for various reasons severe morning sickness,low platelets and pelvic pain . Was in hospital earlier this week with severe headaches !! but touch wood baby is ok .
I am soooo tired all the time and feel fed up by end of day I just want 2 be able 2 walk normally, feel attractive, etcetc

Plus I am slightly nervous as first baby and she is measuring big hope labour is ok
whinge over with I am sure it will all beworth it when I see my little girl

can experienced tell me all this is normal or is any1 else feeling the same xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 27-May-11 14:23:16

This is so normal elt37. My first pregnancy was crap too and spent most of it in bed I was so poorly. I always think that feeling fed up at the end is natures way of helping to make you glad that the baby is going to be here soon anyway.

Try not to worry about the baby measuring big either. The predictions are notoriously inaccurrate, but if you are worried about the birth or your pregnancy, give the NCT Pregnancy & Birth Helpline a call. You will be able to speak to a fully trained NCT Antenatal Teacher who will be able to talk to you about any fears you have.

LDNlady Fri 27-May-11 14:51:36

Hey! I'm 38+2 and while I have to think myself lucky cos I have actually had a relatively easy, non worrying pregnancy, I am seriously ready to have this baby girl now!

Up until now I hadn't had too much of a problem with being uncomfy when sat down but now, regardless of how or where I sit I'm just not comfy. Also, my hips get so painful at night time that sleep is very difficult to come by.

I get the feeling that lots of us get to this point and you see the end in sight yet it still seems like an eternity away. I keep hoping I'll wake up in labour and finally be comfortable once again. Sadly, even though my due date is June 8th I have to accept the fact that there's every possibility of it taking a bit longer than that!! :-/

GuineaPigMum Fri 27-May-11 15:10:39

I'm also 38 weeks (due 7th June) and am equally fed up! I think it's partly to do with finishing work - I was so desperate to finish and counted down the days until my maternity leave started... And now it's here I feel I'm just waiting around for something to happen!

I had a long list of 'to dos' for maternity leave but I feel so immobile due to the size of my bump and some rather nasty symphysis pubis pain that I can't do half the things I had planned to do.

Being told to rest is really annoying me!!!! And all those people who keep telling me to enjoy this time because I won't have any rest when baby comes... SHUT UP PLEASE!!!!!

So I can totally relate to how you're feeling, elt37. A friend gave me a useful piece of advice, which is to just pretend that you're going to go over by 2 weeks, and then if baby does arrive on time (or earlier) it's a bonus. There's so much focus on your due date throughout your pregnancy, it's not really realistic, especially for your first baby.

Baby will come when she's ready, just hang in there. Think of all the things you have to look forward to. Plus soon we'll be able to sleep on our tummies and tie our own shoelaces!!! smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 27-May-11 17:33:39

Think that is a really useful piece of advice Guinea, especially as I'm sure I've read somewhere that the average is 41 weeks for a first pregnancy. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that blush.

Its a shame if you can't get out at all as there are some really good groups run by LLL, NCT, Baby Cafe and Childrens Centres that you can go along to before the baby arrives, have a cuppa and meet some local Mums and Mums-to-Be.

buttonmoon78 Fri 27-May-11 18:12:42

Loads of people actually find the last few weeks of pg more exhausting than the first few with a new baby! And it's perfectly normal to feel fed up.

I had a scan at 36wks where I was told to expect a whopper as he was already 7.5lbs. When he was born at 38wks he was 7lb on the nose. So take growth scans with a pinch (or several) of salt.

Fwiw, I'm 31 weeks and I am soooo fed up already!

Booboostoo Fri 27-May-11 23:05:19

I'm 38 weeks today due for a caesarian on Monday 6th and I just can't wait! I think I'm going to go nuts in these final 10 days, they seem a lot worse than anything before and the countdown is driving me crazy. If I am not yawning all day long, I can't sleep all night long, the bump is huge and uncomfortable, yesterday for some weird reason I couldn't even lie down...pants, get it over with quick!

humph123 Sat 28-May-11 08:54:31

i'm due 5 June. sleeping is a nightmare as hips really ache. feel frustrated as can't do much around the house and not too happy waddling up and down sainsburys aisle in case anything happens so it's just a waiting game. i dont feel too tired until the afternoon then i'll have a snooze for an hour or so. hope i dont go over for too long. the 5 june seems like ages away! and the amount of times i hear people say sleepless nights are preparing me for the baby - as if it's funny. i just want some proper sleep before he/she arrives! ok rant over now.

RobynLou Sat 28-May-11 08:57:25

I went 11 days over with DD2 and dealing with a toddler and a newborn was so easy compared to those last few weeks of being pg, you have my sympathies!
It'll be over soon, just try and relax.

elt37 Sat 28-May-11 08:57:56

morning thanks everyone for thoughts
i feel more normal now sounds like its all to be expected. actually feelin bit brighter today mind you its early in day yet !!!
good luck to u all xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 28-May-11 09:03:39

Oooooh, I suddenly felt alot better around 38 weeks with DC1. He arrived the next day grin

Gethsemane Sat 28-May-11 16:28:22

I'm 38 weeks too (due 8th June). I feel about 100 years old. My joints ache, and getting up and sitting down is a struggle. Sigh. Just had a cup of raspberry leaf tea - probably won't do anything but hey ho. Tastes rancid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: