Talk

Advanced search

confidence crisis

(7 Posts)
hayesgirl Fri 27-May-11 13:03:46

I am 29 weeks and couldnt be happier to be pregnant but there seems to be 2 sides to me at the moment

Jekyll - ecstatic that i am pregnant, excited about the birth and loving the growing belly because i know it means my baby is growing....

Then there is Hyde - completely insecure about my body, convinced that my adoring wonderful and amazing husband is going off me (completely irrational because he says he loves the pregnant figure i've got and constantly compliments me - and our sex life hasnt changed at all). We have a very secure relationship, i trust him completely however for some reason i became really jealous about the fact that he was meeting an old female school friend for a drink the other day! I didnt say anything to him because it was so stupid.

How can I be so confident in somes ways but then so insecure at the same time! PLease tell me that I'm not alone in this....

Jill72 Fri 27-May-11 13:17:28

HORMONES!!! I feel like I have been turned inside out some days!! Just have to keep reminding myself this is only temporary!!

MsChanandlerBong Fri 27-May-11 14:07:57

I am exactly the same... to the point of feeling like I am bipolar at times!!
I'm sure it is just hormones - and have talked to my DH at length about how I am feeling (This made him a bit uncomfortable as he isn't really an emotional talker!! However it does now mean he has some understanding of how I am feeling so is able to react better - however irrationally I am behaving!).

I have my 24 week appointment with the midwife next week so I am going to mention it to her then. Have you spoken to your midwife/GP about it?

PhyllisDiller Fri 27-May-11 14:33:12

I have been the same every time, it is horrible, on pregnancy number 3 now and each time I have had the same chat with DH. He is lovely each time.

I usually find that about now is a good time to go and have some treat time if you can, hair done, nails something to make you feel a bit glammed up. There are loads of maxi dress that are not actually maternity ones about at the moment so if you fancied a new dress or something but were holding off because you only have 11 or 12 weeks to go that might help (it does for me…).

If it’s your first could you have a nice evening out together too?

hayesgirl Fri 27-May-11 14:39:08

I have told him that I am feeling a bit insecure and needy - he does seem to understand but its difficult because that is the complete opposite of how I usually am with him. Like I said we have a very secure relationship.

Hormones makes sense..... i've been feeling more tearful lately - thought i'd escaped this but it looks like its caught up with me anyway! : ) I'll mention it to my midwife tho.

LDNmummy Fri 27-May-11 14:42:02

Same here and it sucks! I have asked DH a couple of times now if he still finds me sexually attractive. The stupid thing is that I know he does, but I just doubt it in myself.

The rest of the time I feel great when people notice my growing bump and feel so much pride.

I am just putting it down to hormones and was thankfully warned by a friend in advance so it wasn't too confusing as I know it happens to other women.

hayesgirl Fri 27-May-11 15:11:12

a pamper day is a good idea! That always makes me feel better. I have a wedding to go to in the few weeks which i was dreading but i think i will treat myself to my hair doing and a spray tan or something!

Glad its not just me anyway xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now