Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone overdue at the moment?

(4 Posts)
Jard32 Fri 27-May-11 11:50:05

I am 41 + 2 (according to dating scan date) 40 + 6 according to my mestrual cycle date an I am getting increasing anxious!! We had planned a home birth, but as each day passes I think induction is far more likely. Saw the midwife yesterday and she was v understanding that we don't want any intervention if it can be avoided. I would love to hear from other Mum's who are/were overdue.
I just can't wait to meet my baby!

Bogeyface Fri 27-May-11 12:50:04

Yep, me!

Am 40+3 with number 6 and have also planned a homebirth. I am booked for induction a week today, which I have agreed to more out of convenience than anything else!

Induction isnt that bad tbh, out of 5 births 2 have been induced, the others spontaneous. The inductions themselves were just boring grin I had pessaries to ripen my cervix and when I reached 3 cm I had ARM, which kicked off the contractions. It was the waiting around while the pessaries did their thing that was the worst bit, not knowing if it was working or not. That and having to wait a full day after being admitted because they were too busy on the delivery suite to start my induction. The labours and births were perfectly fine and no different to my spontaneous labours. I have never had a drip to induce, and while you might need that, dont forget that alot of women who go into labour spontaneously need drips to up their contractions too.

Try not to focus on the intervention aspect of it because somethings do require intervention despite your best intentions even if you go into labour naturally. I was very down after dd1 was born after a spontaneous labour requiring quite alot of help as I felt I had somehow failed by not doing it all by myself. I realised later that thats a load of crap and that what mattered was that we were both healthy and happy, but I had focussed so much on being utterly natural that I did come down with a bit of a bump!

Hopefully it will happen for us both soon!

Idlegirl83 Fri 27-May-11 13:40:49

Me too! I was due yesterday so am 40+1. Getting so bored of waiting already- had convinced myself she'd be early! Will be my first so I should really be enjoying my last few days of freedom and sleep [grin
]

Idlegirl83 Fri 27-May-11 13:41:40

Opps, messed up my smiley! Will try again grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: