Talk

Advanced search

Pre pregnancy weight v pregnancy weight

(4 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Fri 27-May-11 10:31:35

Just been noseying over on AIBU and found the weight and height v size thread. Seems a few ladies my height are not gaining much pregnancy weight where-as I can’t seem to stop!

Is this excessive?

5ft 3inches

Pre pregnancy weight 7st 10lbs (size 6 bottoms and 8 tops)

26 weeks and weighing in at 9st 13lbs (guessing I’ll hit the magic 10 over the weekend!)

Can’t fit in my size 6 maternity jeans so now wearing size 8 maternity trousers. Can still fit in a few of my very baggy pre pregnancy tops would guess I’m more a size 12 now.

From what I’ve read … it’s from now on the weight will go on fast and I’m petrified I’m going to gain around 3-4 stone in total!

If someone could guarantee it’ll fall off after I’ve had baby – then great … but I’m scared it won’t be that easy!

Is it unhealthy to have gained so much weight by this stage?

beatofthedrum Fri 27-May-11 10:36:29

Two stone is average for an av weight/av build woman. Because you were light to start with, it's normal to put on more. It'll all go afterwards, don't worry smile

Woodifer Fri 27-May-11 10:43:44

My mate from running sounds your build - she put on 4 stone with her DC2 - is now back skinny as ever - running like a machine smile

Newmummytobe79 Fri 27-May-11 10:49:17

Thanks beatofthedrum and Woodifer - fingers crossed the cakes (I mean weight!) just fall off smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now