Talk

Advanced search

Ouch! Stabbing pain in my fanjo!

(5 Posts)
jenga079 Mon 23-May-11 17:05:06

The title says it all really (sorry for TMI!) I'm 30w+5d and literally feel like someone is poking a knitting needle into me every few mins.

Not sure if it's remotely relevant / related but I've been feeling 'not myself' for the last few days and was taken to hospital yesterday after fainting (luckily in front of a passing midwife!) Baby and I were both checked and 'fine' and I've just been told to take it easy as my blood pressure was low.

Anyone any idea what it could be?

Thanks

scarlettsmummy2 Mon 23-May-11 17:10:47

i had that too, it was particularly bad when I walked. At the time my midwife told me it was nothing to worry about and just the baby pressing down, but it was very painful! if you aren't sure ask your midwife!

IAmTheCookieMonster Mon 23-May-11 17:11:00

I had that, but it started at 36 weeks when I ran for a bus, it carried on and spread down my legs and I had to walk like a frog for the rest of the pregnancy but it disappeared after I gave birth! They reckoned it was a stretched ligament.

skinnymalinkmalojin Fri 27-May-11 16:46:30

CookieMonster, you have summed up my walk at the moment- very frog like! I have the exact same pain and it's so sore.
Thanks for making me laugh!

Boogiemumma Fri 27-May-11 16:53:51

Got it too, it's lovely (not) walking about and having to stop because of the pain - can't exactly grab it in public either. Both midwife and GP have said it's either part of my SPD or just how baby's lying but nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now