Talk

Advanced search

No fetal pole 6+4 wks but no bleeding...hope?

(10 Posts)
varietyisthespiceoflife Mon 23-May-11 14:02:24

Hi, wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and can offer some friendly hope and advice?
I had an early scan today at 6+4wks as had ICSI, ttc our second child. Saw a healthy looking sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. Going back next week for a scan when 7+2 wks. Have all the signs of pregnancy, really sore boobs, morning sickness, over emotional ;) so was kind of expecting it all to be OK.
Now face an agonising week and a half wait to see if baby has developed or will be refered to early pregnancy unit....looking forward to hearing your stories x

katherine2008 Mon 23-May-11 14:15:52

I can't offer you any advice but have my fx crossed for you x

Marne Mon 23-May-11 14:18:01

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, 6+4 is still very early and if your dates are out by a few days there is a chance its just not showing up yet. Good luck for your next scan xxx

buttonmoon78 Mon 23-May-11 16:33:03

I went when I was 6+1/2 by my dates and was told I was just about 5wks. Nothing visible, just a sac. I went 2 wks later and was told I was 7 wks when I should have been 8+1/2. HB visible.

Went again at what they said was 12 wks. Was nearly 14 wks and now 'my' dates are theirs smile

I hope there's a similar explanation for you.

varietyisthespiceoflife Mon 23-May-11 19:39:36

thx Buttonmoon x

CBear6 Mon 23-May-11 20:14:44

I think it's so hard for them to see details at this early stage and dates can be slightly off. I had bleeding early in this pregnancy and went for a scan, I thought I was 10 weeks but they said closer to eight. Three weeks later I went for my 12 week scan expecting to be 11 weeks and was actually 13 weeks so had caught up to my dates. A week and a bit can make all the difference in what they can and can't see so there's always hope.

You have symptoms, no bleeding, and the sac and yolk are where they're supposed to be which are all good signs. I'll have my fingers crossed for you, I've been in that waiting position and it's hard but I hope it's good news for you.

varietyisthespiceoflife Tue 24-May-11 10:27:14

thx CBear, trying to stay positive. Going to be the longest week and a half x

CBear6 Tue 24-May-11 11:22:50

Keep busy, not so busy that you're knackered but busy enough to be distracted. That got me through. And take it one day at a time - you were pregnant yesterday, you're pregnant today, and all being well you will still be pregnant tomorrow x

varietyisthespiceoflife Thu 02-Jun-11 16:05:21

so had my scan today, there is a baby with a slow heartbeat but am expected to miscarry. So sad. There is no mistake on dates as this is an IVF pregnancy. Baby measuring 6 weeks but should be 8 weeks.
Hopping over to miscarriage boards to get some information. Thanks for all your messages x

CBear6 Thu 02-Jun-11 16:07:23

So sorry to hear that variety, take it easy and be kind to yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now