Talk

Advanced search

No symtoms- worried!!

(24 Posts)
kri5ty Fri 20-May-11 10:32:59

Hi

I am currently 10 weeks and 2 days..

And i am having no symtoms other than being hungry all the time, a bit of weight gain and becoming out of breath quickly... Until around 2 weeks ago i was feeling slightly nauseous but no actual sickness, and cravings for junk food, i had a scan at 8 weeks ( as i was having terrible pains) and it revealed a heartbeat... But now i am worried as my symptoms have stopped :-(

I have my booking in app on wednesday, but im not even sure if my health authority does as 12 weeks scan

No pain or bleeding, but could it be a missed miscarriage? Or simply because im lucky and had all the problems in my first 8 weeks? (hopefully)

Renaissance227 Fri 20-May-11 10:35:02

You are just very lucky. Enjoy!!!!!
By the way, my first scan was at my booking appointment at the hospital.
Congratulations! smile x

PoppysMom Fri 20-May-11 10:35:09

Your symptoms will stop around this time as your placenta takes over.

COngrats on your pregnancy smile

harassedinherpants Fri 20-May-11 10:38:46

Your placenta starts to take over at around 8 weeks, I think you're lucky!

I'm 8+5 and still having all day sickness.....

Congratulations!

kri5ty Fri 20-May-11 10:42:10

Thanks guys :-) i think im just worrying too much, but i cant help it haha
My booking in app is at a sure start centre witht he midwife, so hopefully i will find out then if i get a 12 weeks scan, if not i will be looking at where i can get a private one done just to put me at ease!!

Congrats everyone!!

Riddzy Fri 20-May-11 10:43:04

I have had absolutely no symptoms. No ms, nausea, fatigue - the only reason I thought I might be pregnant was because my boobs got a bit bigger.

Just count yourself very, very lucky!

emmylou30 Fri 20-May-11 10:49:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

kri5ty Fri 20-May-11 10:57:45

Thanks guys , it makes me feel better hearing from you all... fingers crossed!! x

BellaCB Sun 22-May-11 18:56:03

Wow, really happy to find this thread! Just took two tests this afternoon and both are positive, but I only took a test because I am ten days late (and previous period was light) and my partner and I had a slight 'mishap' 7 weeks ago. However it just doesn't seem real as I feel absolutely fine! Some slight cramping, which I had thought was period pain but isn't really in the right place for that, but other than that no nausea, no tiredness, nothing at all.

Knowing that the Drs probably won't do a test and it will still be weeks until I get a midwife appt/scan, I'm finding it all a little odd - so great to hear that no symptons is just luck and other women have had easy starts too!

PoppysMom Mon 23-May-11 07:30:03

Hi Bella,

Congratulations on your BFP.
If you had a mishap 7 weeks ago, you could be up to 9 weeks pregnant!

I am not sure how exact the ClearBlue digital tests are, but I'd go to the dr sooner rather than later.

You need to push for a scan very soon, as the NT scan can only be done between 11 and 13+6!

Good luck

BellaCB Mon 23-May-11 10:23:53

Hi Poppy'sMom,

Thanks! :-) And I think I might need the luck - I'm not actually registered at my Drs as we've not long lived where we do, and they were quite unhelpful this morning, so I have to wait until mid next week for my Drs antenatal appt, and then wait to be referred for a scan so... fingers crossed they listen to me and do it in time!

leopardprintmum Mon 23-May-11 11:54:01

Hi lucky ladies.....I am another one who hasn't suffered at all. I'm around 11+2. I similarly only suspected I was preggers when my boobs stayed sore...I was tired around week 6 but I think just from the stress of the 'surprise'. I've been exercising regularly & being v healthy so praps that the secret?? Tis a relief to hear there are others like me as from reading this forum you get the impression that its normal to be incredibly ill & virtually bed ridden for the whole 9 months!! Mind you, having no symptoms is worrying...i'm trying to be calm but cannot wait for the scan next week!!

lynniep Mon 23-May-11 11:57:38

I agree - you're lucky - enjoy it while it lasts - and hopefully it will last!! I got nothing other than tiredness (which I put down to DS1 being wearing me out!) for the first trimester with DS2 (with DS1 I had terrible sore boobs - thats how I knew I was pg) and I was freaked out so I had a private scan -which showed a perfectly healthy baby (which he still is, 18 months on) smile

kri5ty Fri 27-May-11 08:57:42

Hi guys,

Congrats Bella how are you getting on with docs?

I had my booking in scan on wednesday... they cant fit me in for my scan for another 2 weeks and i will be 13+4
I was tempted to pay for a private scan just to check everything is ok... but my partner tells me im over reacting.. even my boobs arent really that sore now!

BellaCB Fri 27-May-11 10:28:03

kri5ty - I don't even have a dr's appt until next week, so who knows how long it will take them to let me see a midwife and then get my scan booked! I have to say, if you are lucky enough to be able to afford a private and you are worried then go for it. I'm still have that row with my dp! I'm thinking, if it stops you worrying then go for it.

How long did it take you to get your bookin in scan after seeing the dr?

kri5ty Fri 27-May-11 11:31:27

It took 2 weeks for my booking scan... but the hospital im under seems to be very stretched! Then they couldnt get me in for my scan for another 2 weeks... and they told me i need to be under a consultant and couldnt get me an app until the 20th june!!

BellaCB Fri 27-May-11 14:29:36

20th? That's such a long wait! I appreciate that the hospitals only have a certain number of appointments but it seems a little that they only have room for people who do everything by the book - register at the dr's first, find out you're pg after just a few weeks etc - and so if you don't find out till later then there is no flexibility at all

Renaissance227 Fri 27-May-11 14:56:06

I keep hearing news that there is a baby boom this year!
Not sure why!!!

kri5ty Mon 30-May-11 16:48:49

im so worried im tempted to pay for a private scan this week as my nhs one isnt for 9 days, i know its a lot of money but i really need to know as im worrying so much!

kri5ty Tue 31-May-11 11:34:21

Renaissance227 there def is a baby boom this year, there is currently 5 of us at work!! they arent happy lol

Portofino Tue 31-May-11 11:36:14

I had no symptoms other than extreme tiredness,. I honestly didn't REALLY believe there was a baby in there until the 12 week scan!

kri5ty Tue 31-May-11 11:44:17

hi Portofino i think i am just over worrying as i had nausea and sore boobs for about 2 weeks, and then it stopped at around 9 weeks

i still have back ache, and i get tired easily (although i have ME anyway)

I guess all i can do it wait another week for my scan!

DillyDaydreaming Tue 31-May-11 11:47:37

Another reassuring voice here Kri5ty - I was exactly the same - not a single symptom and until I'd had my first scan didn't believe all was well. I am a midwife too so know this can happen but in my own case let's say my heart ruled my head grin.

kri5ty Tue 31-May-11 11:52:53

Thanks Dilly :-) its hard to not let your heart rule! I have tried not to google anything as i know it will just bring up a string of MMC threads!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now