Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Your experience would be appreciated!

(51 Posts)
Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:37:05

Hi ladies,

I've just joined Mumsnet because i have a question that i'm hoping you can help me with!

Me and the OH started using the CBFM for the first time last month. We did the deed on a few highs and a peak day. For the past 3 days the monitor has been flashing M - so it's telling me AF should be here, but nothing.
For the past week i have been feeling nauseous, for the past 2 days i have been dry heaving when i wake up and hot flushes, eating dinner and still hungry. I've noticed that i'm feeling even more tired than usual, can sleep for 9 hrs and wake up and want to sleep some more. Last night i had a totally restless sleep and actually woke up overheating and thought i was getting the flu coz my body was so hot. Woke up this morning feeling very nauseous and heaving a lot.

The one thing i don't have is sore boobs, or even any darkening of the nipples. I've been on the internet all morning trying to find out if this is ok but nothing! So over to you! In your experience, are the boobs and nipples a definate positive?
I don't want to take a test yet because i have a feeling i may be making it up in my head or something and am convincing myself that i can't be because i have no breast symptoms. Is this right?

Also, is it too early to test today (3 days late)?

Thanks in advance!
x

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-11 12:38:20

Do a test. It is the only way (and is guaranteed to bring on your period if you're not pregnant!).

3 days late is not too early.

Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:40:48

I'm just wondering if i should even though i have no symptoms with the boobs/nipples?
I've always thought that they were the most obvious symptom and not having that is a defo no. Am i totally wrong then?!

misty0 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:40:54

Not too early to test! grin

I did my test 3 days late and got a stonking great positive. And that was a cheap tesco one. Everyone has different symptoms at the beginning (middle and end) of their pg's - so try not to compare yourself to other ladies too much.

Good luck! Hope to see you here more v. soon xx

NewMummy5July2011 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:42:06

Defnitely do a test - I did mine on the day my period was due and it was a very strong positive. BTW, my boobs weren't any different than they normally would been, they gradually got more and more sore as time went by. And my nipples didn't get darker until probably at least the end of my first trimester but may have been later. Everyone's bodies are different.

Either way best way to find out is with a test!

loueytb3 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:42:29

I don't get any boob symptoms until much later on. My first symptoms have always been v.tired and nausea. Test!

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-11 12:43:37

I would have thought the obvious symptom is the non arrival of a period in an otherwise regular cycle.

Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:43:57

Thank you very much! I love how everyone is so supportive here

I think i'm just putting myself off because i always think - i'm never THAT lucky! I keep telling myself to wait until i'm a week late at least, thinking that AF will come in that time! I don't want to get too excited just in case, you know?! But truthfully, waiting is killing me!!!

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-11 12:46:02

Try wearing white trousers for a few days to see if that brings on your period

greenzebra Tue 05-Apr-11 12:47:58

my boobs were not sore for a while and nipples didnt darken etc for a good couple of months.
There are a majority of symptoms you might get some and not others. Some dont happen for a few months.

As posts have said above you will only know if you take a test on your period day.

good luck

Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 12:48:53

hahaha!

I actually got the monitor because cycle was a bit all over the place. At least having it has told me for sure what's going on, so i don't have to guess when AF is on it's way because according to the monitor 3 days ago!

You're all right though, i should just get my arse to my local Sains and get a test! Knowing me though, i'll get it and it'll come!

Thanks everyone. xx

glitternanny Tue 05-Apr-11 12:56:01

Do a test!! At 8 weeks I still don't have that many symptoms!!

Let us know too!!!

nunnie Tue 05-Apr-11 13:02:30

Do the test. I am pregnant with my 3rd and have never had sore boobs, or boob changes in any of my pregnancies. Mine don't change size, just get full when milk comes in after the birth. If I relied on boob changes I wouldn't know I was pregnant until I was labouring.

Firawla Tue 05-Apr-11 13:08:46

just test! btw i only had the sore boobs thing with my first, not @ all with 2nd and 3rd. you don't need to have every symptom
hope you get a positive

ballstoit Tue 05-Apr-11 13:15:30

Do the test, had no symptoms with any of mine til about 8 weeks. If your period's late and you're not using contraception I would always just get a cheap test from Wilkos or the £ Shop.

Soupdragon's right, if you're not pregnant doing the test always makes your period start...all ready for next month smile

Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 13:16:53

Do i need to do the test first thing in the morn?

Thank you so much everyone. I'm getting a bit too emotional from all your support and welling up. Big sap! xx

Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 13:22:57

BTW - is it possible to ovulate and not have a period? I know it's possible the other way round (have a period and not have ovulated). Just preparing myself in case it's a negative result! Wondering if there's anything else it could be?

nunnie Tue 05-Apr-11 13:26:40

First morning sample is best, but I have had 3 positive tests after period was due and they were all done during the day.

Firawla Tue 05-Apr-11 13:26:44

at 3 days late i think you could test any time of day

ShowOfHands Tue 05-Apr-11 13:27:59

The time between ovulation and your period is generally fixed in a normal fertile cycle. So if you ovulated, you will have a period. Unless you're pregnant.

But if you ovulated later than you usually would, your period would be late by the corresponding number of days iyswim.

Good luck. BTW, my nipples don't change colour when I'm pregnant and I don't have sore breasts until at least 8 weeks in. Vomiting and fatigue come first for me.

ShowOfHands Tue 05-Apr-11 13:28:54

Oh and yes you can test at any time of day if you're sure you're late. If it's negative, you could still be pregnant. If it's positive, you're almost certainly pregnant.

False negatives happen, false positives are very rare indeed.

PinkFondantFancy Tue 05-Apr-11 13:43:39

Test test test!!! Buy a twin pack and do one this afternoon, and if negative, try again tomorrow with your first morning wee. Oooooh exciting!!

HalleLouja Tue 05-Apr-11 13:46:33

If you are 3 days late then test. For DS was 5 days late when tested with this one I was 1-3 days late.

Renaissance227 Tue 05-Apr-11 13:55:42

I did a test the day I was due, in the evening, and got a positive straight away!
My boobs got sore in week six or seven and at eleven weeks now my nipples still aren't much darker than they were before.
DO A TEST and then let us know the results. smile
Good luck xx

Noodles81 Tue 05-Apr-11 14:06:14

Im off to work in a bit and won't be home till 10ish tonight!! Don't know how i'm gonna get through - i can't stop heaving and i haven't eaten yet. I went to the fridge and couldn't stand the sight of anything, so just had a slice of plain bread. I keep thinking about grapes and bananas and i don't feel that sicky feeling like i did with the tuna mayo in the fridge that i happily ate yesterday?!?!?!!!
I'm trying to tell myself that it's in my head just in case but honestly if it's not a buba then i'm worried about all this heaving and tiredness!

I'll get a test on my way home and do it tonight and will let you all know what happens! I want to be excited so much but i'm trying to keep grounded.....but it's hard!

Thanks again lovely ladies! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now