Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Your cravings - sweet or savoury?

(56 Posts)
MrsSawyer Tue 15-Mar-11 12:15:42

Mine are all savoury, quavers, cheese spread, spaghetti hoops, no chocolate, cakes, pastries or anything. The only sweet thing ive fancied is haribo but just more of a "i could eat some haribo" not a "if i dont eat some dairylea in the next 2 minutes, ill hit someone" :-)

Come tell me yours and what do they mean?

Sweet = boy/girl?

1Catherine1 Tue 15-Mar-11 12:22:16

Meh...

Apparently if you crave sweet stuff its a girl and if you crave savoury its a boy.

At 39w+2 the only thing I have craved is dairy. In my first trimester I managed to eat over 48 yoghurt in 2 weeks. My second trimester I had hot chocolate (made with milk ofc) or horlicks every evening - it was the hot milk I really wanted. And now in my third trimester I'm on the chocolate milk. Want to guess what I'm having?

Expecting a baby girl.

NewMummy5July2011 Tue 15-Mar-11 12:34:46

Hi
I'm on the sweet stuff, although like 1Catherine1 I LOVE dairy as well. I go through a four pinter of skim milk in about 2 days, and eat yogurt and ice cream most days. At the end of my 1st trimester was obsessed with ovaltine for some reason! At the moment am addicted to blackcurrent squash and J20 and usually go crazy for something chocolate mid-mornings.

I too am expecting a baby girl!

del1 Tue 15-Mar-11 12:56:18

1st - mcdonalds, cheese straws with dips,crackers with cheese, milk. - had a boy.

2nd - anything salt and vinegar, chocolate, biscuits, ice cream, sweets - had a girl.

3rd - only 15 weeks, but craving everything to honest?! one day chocolate, the next fruit.
so havnt a clue what it will be?

snowbobby Tue 15-Mar-11 12:59:02

1st - craved lemon mousse, exotic fruit juice and exotice fruit. Spent a fortune at Sainbury's salad bar on mango & pineapple. Had a boy.

2nd - craved vinegar and mint sauce with everything. Had a girl.

SnapFrakkleAndPop Tue 15-Mar-11 13:01:16

Sweet mostly. I think I've survived the pregnancy on twixes! But occasionally I really want steak.

Don't know yet so a hermaphrodite going by the mix of sweet amd savoury grin

mum2b072011 Tue 15-Mar-11 13:29:55

I am craving Wootsits, spagetti hoops, cheese on toast - defo savoury

And expecting a 'boy'

theressomethingaboutmarie Tue 15-Mar-11 13:30:17

When I was expecting DD, I didn't have much of a sweet tooth either but would, for some odd reason, stock pile chocolate. Very odd! I also had a major craving for Shreddies and ice cold milk.

This time, I'm craving savoury rather alot (especially anything to do with cheese and bread). Found out that we were expecting just before my birthday and guess what I received in abundance as gifts...? Chocolate! I must have received about 6 boxes - needless to say, my DH is working his way through them ;-)

HLSalter Tue 15-Mar-11 13:34:20

I have been craving Orange Juice all through my pregnancy. I'm expecting a boy grin

MrsSawyer Tue 15-Mar-11 14:32:41

god yeah, orange juice too! Wow, must be expecting a boy then although with my DS, now 4.5, i cant remeber any cravings at all.

apple99 Tue 15-Mar-11 14:35:30

I am craving jacket potatoes, cheese and crackers, crisps and fresh orange juice confused

Have to wait another 2 weeks to find out what I am having.

Vakant Tue 15-Mar-11 16:42:42

For me it's sweet things too, and I was always more of a savoury girl pre-pregnancy. Offer me a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate and I'd always take the crisps. Now, it would be the chocolate. And I'm having a girl.

cowboylover Tue 15-Mar-11 16:46:45

I am normally a sweet girl but now defo savory when pregnant and we are expecting a girl.

cowboylover Tue 15-Mar-11 16:48:09

Oh yeh and loads of Orange juice... Tropicana with bits ummmmm

ToriaPumpkinHead Tue 15-Mar-11 16:59:22

I would currently kill for some spaghetti hoops and a block of cheese, and yesterday at work I went out for a sausage baguette with cheese and tomato ketchup on my tea break. But I am also eating maltesers like they're going out of fashion and would quite happily live on Ben and Jerry's...

No scans so far, and we don't plan to find out anyway, so will keep an eye on the cravings and see what we end up with!

lolajane2009 Tue 15-Mar-11 17:49:22

morning sickness made me live on corned beef, peanut butter and bread... no idea what I have as I am only nearly 14 weeks but I want to find out at 20 weeks if I can.

PermaShattered Tue 15-Mar-11 18:55:37

Food.
Particularly Jelly Babies. And always about 3pm

redexpat Tue 15-Mar-11 20:51:31

At first it was cocopops, usually around 930pm. Then it was just milk. Now it's cheese and pickle sandwiches. I'm 10 weeks.

misty0 Tue 15-Mar-11 20:58:19

OXO cubes! Whole ones - and it was a girl.

Twiglets - (yeuk) and it was 2nd girl.

Marmite (patern emerging here) - 3rd girl.

This time - cheese and tomatoe sandwiches + gallons of thick greek yog with honey........

Gender still unknown.....confused

daimbardiva Tue 15-Mar-11 20:59:21

Dairy, chocolate, cheese and burgers!!!! I never usually eat burgers but had one for tea and it was delicious. Last time my big craving was fish fingers - another thing I never eat!

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 15-Mar-11 21:00:39

I craved savoury, all roast beef and gravy dinners and totally went off chocolate. I had a boy!

LDNmummy Tue 15-Mar-11 21:46:07

All I want is sweet stuff, I keep thinking about how huge I'm gonna be at the end of this if I keep eating all this chocolate. I have even been craving cake for the last couple of days and I hate cake!

We want a girl so can't wait to see if the old wives tale is true or not smile

aStarWithHerOwnWays Tue 15-Mar-11 21:50:21

When pregnant with DS, the main cravings I can remember were: steak (had been happily non-meat-eater for many years), orange Lucozade, Cadbury's Caramel. This time around, I'd categorise my cravings as 'tangy'. Anything salty/vinegary, so bucketloads of salted pickled onions and gherkins; oranges by the bag; last night I was inches away from making and drinking a bowl of vinaigrette blush

Will hopefully find out what sex it is next week!

Beamur Tue 15-Mar-11 21:54:45

Milk
Weetabix
Hoummous
Even more milk. Switched to skimmed milk to cut down on fat, got jittery when we were running low.
Had a girl.

davidtennantsmistress Wed 16-Mar-11 07:48:34

ds - mars bars welsh cakes and cheese/onion sarnies oh and ready salted crisps - would suck the salt off.

now - 17+1 & salad creme literally on everything and cuecumber. tbc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now