Talk

Advanced search

Things I wish I did whilst pregnant....

(11 Posts)
BurnAfterReading Sat 15-Jan-11 18:58:58

swimming

visted dentist

bio-oil my tummy

When I first found out that I was pregnant I had all these plans....including the items above...I always thought I still had time to do the above...anyway, dd is 12 weeks and although I did stick to my main plan...stop smoking/eat healthier/get sleep etc I wish I had went swimming to try to keep trim, I wish I used bio-oil on my tummy to try to get rid of stretch marks and also I wish I visited dentist because of my bleeding gums.

I think I have suffered consequences of not doing the above...too boring to go into though.

Is there anything that you wished you had done during your first pregnancy?

Just a thread for random chit chat really - perhaps people may take advice from this too.

Flisspaps Sat 15-Jan-11 18:59:52

Appreciated the sleep, and the luxury of spontaneity.

BurnAfterReading Sat 15-Jan-11 19:04:10

oh good point...

even before being pregnant I miss just sitting in a bar in town with DP with few bottles of wine people watching then going on the ferry etc etc...

I do miss that luxory of just being able to go without having to make plans/organise etc

onadietcokebreak Sat 15-Jan-11 22:57:25

Went to the cinema and all the shops that are impossible to get in with buggies.

Concordia Sat 15-Jan-11 22:59:15

controlled my eating adn not put on so much weight

Sparklies Sun 16-Jan-11 01:20:34

Not worry so much!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

LittleBeth53 Sun 16-Jan-11 02:47:20

I wish I'd had sex, all the time, every day! Lol! It's the very last thing I want to do these days!

I wish I would have spent the whole time going out to dinner and the cinema.

Nothing prepares you for just how much things change when you have a baby. He's 4 months old and I love him to death, but I'm lucky if I get to shower these days never mind go to the movies with my boyfriend, shopping with gf's and going to lunch with my mother.

What I wish NOW is that I was more motivated in losing the baby weight. Someone once told me if you've not lost it in 6 months, you never will! Eeeek! Which means I only have 2 months left to lose it all!

PinkElephant73 Sun 16-Jan-11 10:05:12

Op, it's not too late to do any of the things you say above.

Bio oil used now will help heal the stretch marks.
Get your partner or someone else (is there a creche?) to mind the baby while you go swimming, even if just once a week will help you feel better. there may also be a baby swimming group you can go to with the lo. If you haven't already been to the dentist get it sorted, free dental treatment for you until lo is one.

Personally I find it really hard when pg to find the energy to go out in the evenings, unless I'd rested in the daytimes. people keep telling me to make the most of it, go to cinema etc but all I want to do is crash on the sofa and be in bed by ten! as for sex - forget it!

Just do what you feel like at the time when you are pg.It's probably a good time to have a lazy beach holiday, as next year you may not get a lot of uninterrupted lounger time. city breaks involving lots of walking may not appeal.

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Sun 16-Jan-11 16:44:02

You get free dental care for a year after the birth.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've been bio oiling since first trimester and I was still beaten by stretchmarks (38 weeks now).

CupcakesHay Sun 16-Jan-11 17:15:47

OOooh - currently at 38 weeks sleep - and have to agree sleep! I can't get to sleep comfortably now - and keep thinking - when will i get a good night's sleep again - 5 years???

Oooh - and paint my toenails more whilst you can still bend!

PipPipPip Sun 16-Jan-11 18:33:14

Yep, if it cheers you up I don't think there's any evidence that creams/oils/lotions applied to the skin make any difference to stretch marks!

I'm pregnant, though, so reading this thread with interest...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now