Talk

Advanced search

Ordered a car seat ... uncomfortable with how it arrived. Advice, pls?

(14 Posts)
edeluna Sat 15-Jan-11 18:36:23

I ordered a Maxi-Cosi car seat from Amazon the other day and it arrived today. I'm a bit uncomfortable about it: it wasn't in a manufacturer's box (just in a plastic bag inside a big cardboard box) and although it has all the tags on it, there's no user manual or anything.

Could anyone else who has bought one new confirm what yours came with? I'd at very least expect a manual (how else am I supposed to know how to properly install it?) and a warranty card or something.

Right now I'm leaning towards returning it. And not looking forward to that hassle. Am I being unreasonable?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 15-Jan-11 18:37:42

Yes that's normal with Maxi Cosi's we bought one and it came the same. But should have had a manual. Mine was tucked in the back of the seat cover though - have a look.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 15-Jan-11 18:38:06

Is the user manual tucked into the back somewhere?

DirtyMartini Sat 15-Jan-11 18:41:55

There is a little door thing hidden at the back of ours. The manual was there. It took us about 8 weeks to notice it, and then only because we bumped it slightly and it popped open.

edeluna Sat 15-Jan-11 18:46:32

Oh, you lot are amazing. I found it!

Not the most logical form of packaging ... I wonder how many other people have stressed out about this.

Thank you, thank you!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 15-Jan-11 18:56:30

Ironically they put it there so you don't lose it. grin

trixie123 Sat 15-Jan-11 19:43:45

also, make sure you find the secret sunshade that is tucked into the back of the seat behind the headrest - impossible to find if no-one has told you!

RememberToPlaywiththeKids Sat 15-Jan-11 21:48:31

oooh which size has the sunshade? I know the first one 0-9 months does - is that the one you mean or the next size up?

faverolles Sat 15-Jan-11 22:01:03

Hahahaha!
I bought a maxi-cosi for ds2 over 5 years ago.
It's out of the loft ready and waiting for dc4 to arrive.
I've just had a look at it - I didn't even know it had a secret compartment, and lo and behold, pristine instructions

llareggub Sat 15-Jan-11 22:05:47

I was lucky, the secret compartment in mine wouldn't shut properly, and it took a few months to find the secret sunshade.

What I didn't find out until I'd finished using it with my second child is that the handle could be pushed backwards for use as a seat when out and about at toddler groups and the like to stop it being rocked. I had no idea at all.

edeluna Sat 15-Jan-11 22:20:17

I did figure out the sunshade (my model is for newborn to 12 months).

Wasn't sure about the third position the handle could go into, but will test the non-rocking seated position next time.

So great to hear everyone's tips on this. Thanks again!

Now that the car seat's sorted, I can move on to fret over the other things on my to-do list!

DirtyMartini Sat 15-Jan-11 22:43:50

I didn't know about the non-rocking handle position!

1Catherine1 Sat 15-Jan-11 23:01:31

eduluna I just made a new March thread to reply to your question and then found it had been answered here already... ah well... at least you found it

trixie123 Sun 16-Jan-11 18:59:49

the sunshade is the 0-9 month size. didn't know about the handle thing either. Will experiment when it comes out of the loft in a few months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now