Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

When did your boobs grow?

(16 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Sat 15-Jan-11 17:38:00

I found out on Thursday that I'm pg (been trying). Today I put a bra on and I'm toppling out of it - told dh who laughed and thought I was being silly as it's far to early... he then stopped speaking, looked at me and said: "Oh my, you're right... they're huge!" Cue big smile from dh.

4 weeks is still early isn't it? At this rate I'll be in maternity clothes by 8 weeks!

1Catherine1 Sat 15-Jan-11 17:43:40

It is so different for everyone its hard to answer. My boobs are the same size and haven't changed at all through pregnancy (now 30+6) with the exception of becoming extremely sensitive to the cold. I only had to buy new bras because the sensitivity made my old ones uncomfortable.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

PrincessScrumpy Sat 15-Jan-11 17:57:31

Thanks!

With dd1 I went from 32dd to 34ee, I'm back to a 32dd but think I may need to go up a cup! Last time most of the grow was when dd was 2 weeks old.

I'm going to go to m&s tomorrow to get some supportive vest tops to go over my current bras.

happycamel Sat 15-Jan-11 18:36:24

I got new bras at 10 weeks (went from 32DD to 36C). Now 28 weeks and going to need to go shopping again soon.

TBH I think it partly depends on whether your old ones were a bit small anyway and also the style of bra. You'd fall out of a balconette a lot quicker than a t-shirt bra.

I got M&S t-shirt bras last time (about £15 gor two) but will be buying proper maternity ones this time.

DomesticGoddess31 Sat 15-Jan-11 18:52:47

Bigger boobs was one of the signs that I had that made me take a test. I was 4weeks then. 14 now and they're still growing. If theres a god, he'll let me keep them too!

Laura05 Sat 15-Jan-11 19:12:13

I had sore boobs from the beginning which is also why I took a test. Oh and they were huge! I'm a 36E normally bt actually now feel like they've deflated. I'm 12weeks at the moment and hoping they don't get too big

whysolate Sat 15-Jan-11 19:16:08

Congratulations!

I am quite slim and have always had big boobs (34FF). Mine didn't change at all. If anything as my bump got bigger and bigger, my boobs looked smaller and smaller!

tlise Sat 15-Jan-11 21:09:34

Mine were the first thing I noticed, it was only when I felt really sick all of a sudden, I suspected I might be. They hurt like mad and went up a size...not good when I was already 44B and still growing...

WiiUnfit Sat 15-Jan-11 23:36:45

I'm 16+5, I've gone up a cup size already (D to DD) & probably went up pretty early, around 6 weeks I think (before I even knew I was pregnant!)

SMummyS Sun 16-Jan-11 08:19:25

I'd out grown my 'time of the month' bra by 6 weeks. I'm now 9 weeks and really need to go shopping

Oneof4 Sun 16-Jan-11 09:00:02

My boobs inflated overnight three days before my period was due. I went from a 34AA to a 36C within about five weeks in two stages - cost me a fortune!

So no, it's not too early.

lilly13 Sun 16-Jan-11 09:04:17

Mine inflated 2-3 weeks after conception from 32A to 32B. Now at 24 weeks, I am only 34B sad. I think it is different for every woman...

fallingandlaughing Sun 16-Jan-11 14:37:08

I am 13 weeks and haven't needed new bras yet.

StormInaCCup Sun 16-Jan-11 14:55:18

I am 19 weeks and my boobs are massive - I'd say I'm probably a D or a DD cup but was a C or even a B before. I first noticed a big change at around 14 weeks and I desperately need some new bras now!

AnnieDelores Sun 16-Jan-11 19:22:37

Mine got bigger - up a whole cup size by about 6 weeks.....although I'm 11 weeks now and they sem to have stopped......for now I guess! DP thinks the Titty Fairy has been!

StiffyByng Sun 16-Jan-11 21:34:44

25 weeks and no change in size at all. They are more sensitive though and I found underwiring quite uncomfortable from around 10 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: