Talk

Advanced search

help?! Calling all geriatric mothers!!!!

(3 Posts)
thechin Sat 15-Jan-11 16:29:40

Am 43 and had baby number 4 9 months ago, after a 17 year break. Am still breastfeeding, aswell as solids, but am concerned i may have fallen pregnant again. Am having that tingly, sicky early pregnancy feeling. Havnt had a period again yet since the birth, but there has been one time that we have taken a risk without any contraception. What im worried about are the possible health implications for me and baby. Having been lucky enough to have one good pregnancy and healthy baby at my age, we had made the decision to leave it at that. So if theres any older mums out there with stories/advice, would love to hear from you Thanks everyone!

PacificDogwood Sat 15-Jan-11 16:39:14

Hi, thechin, have you tested yet? You may be fretting over nothing smile...

FWIW, I had DS4 a few weeks before my 44th birthday; he is now 10 months old - DS1 is almost 8, so I had all of my kids in old middle age grin.

Of course the risks rise, but the odds are still in our favour; even in our midforties and beyond.

Gawn, POAS, you know you want to. I hope you get the result you really want.
smile

thechin Sat 15-Jan-11 16:49:50

Hi

No, haevn't tested yet, too, early. Nice to hear a positive story! Thanks so much for the encouragement and glad all is going well for you!

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now