Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Engaged baby - Stupid question

(6 Posts)
CupcakesHay Sat 15-Jan-11 03:07:56

Maybe a stupid question smile - once your baby is fully engaged, does it stop moving around at the top of your body - ie. will his legs stay in the same position? or will he keep moving them from the right of my body by my ribs, to the left and then my back, etc? confused

(spot the uncomfortable 37+5 pregnant girl who can't sleep!)

miacat Sat 15-Jan-11 04:32:36

Oh my god, that could be me talking!

My baby (#3) has been madly active all the way through. I am 36 weeks and she is still up in my ribs and giving me heartburn/acid indigestion etc. I think she will suddenly 'plop down' wink If i sit cross legged i feel pressure down below a bit, so maybe it's alot to do with posture? My posture is awful. Have you been going much yoga, activities, breathing etc?

I think this baby is just going up and down as she pleases! She has to come out eventualy tho lol.

MadAboutQuavers Sat 15-Jan-11 04:42:23

Mine moved about all over the shop until I gave birth, pretty much, head was engaged from about 38 weeks

StickThemWithThePointyEnd Sat 15-Jan-11 12:51:47

mine never stopped moving in my tummy any way until he was actually in my arms - he even kicked his legs on the way out.

most babies will still be able to flip from one side to the other even when they are engaged..

CupcakesHay Sat 15-Jan-11 16:37:36

Great - i was getting a bit worried. it feels like his head is in right place, but like i said he just keeps moving - but he does have long legs - well - according to measurements - so maybe he's running out of room!

miacat Sun 16-Jan-11 05:19:11

I'd guess that long legs are a good sign! My son was 9lb8oz and was HELL to push out as he was 'all head'. He is 7 and his head is stil huge now lol-he was forceips delivery. My daughter was 9lb11oz, but easier as she was long. She is now just 6 and tall, blonde and very gorgeous, her legs make her a size age8-9 in jeans!

What i mean is (hopefully, for you) long legs=less head!

Are you getting nervous? I have exactly 4 weeks left and have suddenly started to panic, especially as we are moving anytime in the next 6 weeks!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: