Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

36 weeks and period pains today - do I need toget checked out?

(7 Posts)
RememberToPlaywiththeKids Fri 14-Jan-11 14:24:09

I've been really concious of period pain all day. This is baby no. 3 and I'm very familiar with BHs, which I've been having for a few weeks now but haven't had period pains before in any of my pregnancies.

I can't tell if they are regular or not but the pains last for ages when they come - as in a few minutes.

I don't need to get checked out do I??

I really really don't want to go in unless I really need to.

mummysweeangel Fri 14-Jan-11 18:37:07

hey there,

I remember having period pains at various stages through my last pregnancy, but nothing came of them, they just kinda came and went and were nothing like the pain i experienced from contractions during labour

I would ring the midwife if i were you just to enquire, it would do no harm

hope you are allright

CrapBag Fri 14-Jan-11 19:49:22

I've been having this. It is BH that is slightly painful. I am 36 weeks and have been getting them for ages now. Although now I am near the end I do wonder if its things starting (hope not, baby is breech).

RememberToPlaywiththeKids Fri 14-Jan-11 20:44:29

It isn't a BH definitely - it's a separate thing - though I had to whizz DD to the Drs and deal with my other toddler being poorly and a heavy hail storm, so all that seems to have frightened the period pain away! grin

for now confused

NeedToSleepZZZ Fri 14-Jan-11 21:14:10

I've had this and am 36 weeks too. Bit TMI but I found that going to the loo helped... a bit like at the beginning of a period and you have loose bms blush, the pain is different to the strong BHs I've had. However, this is my first and I have had a lot of diarrhoea recently, if you've never experienced this with your other pregnancies then I'd get it checked as it could be the start of something.

You couldn't have a stomach bug could you? This could cause cramping.

berrycravings Fri 14-Jan-11 21:18:08

I've had period cramps with BH since 36 weeks, now coming up to 42 weeks and still getting them just the same. I was told is very normal and MW seemed pleased I was getting them. Can also be when the baby is engaging.

berrycravings Fri 14-Jan-11 21:20:11

I've had period cramps with BH since 36 weeks, now coming up to 42 weeks and still getting them just the same. I was told is very normal and MW seemed pleased I was getting them. Can also be when the baby is engaging.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: