Talk

Advanced search

Baby Superstores????

(6 Posts)
wishwales Fri 14-Jan-11 14:04:46

I live in Cardiff and am lacking a large baby store. The largest one we have is a good size Mothercare but I want more! I moved here from Florida last year and am starved for choice!

I want to go to one place and find loads of everything under the sun for babies. Do these types of shops exist?? I can travel a couple hours by car so not too choosy about where.

Thanks!

Loopymumsy Fri 14-Jan-11 14:15:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mejon Fri 14-Jan-11 14:30:11

Eddershaws in Hadfield Road (where all the car dealerships are) have a lot of choice - much of it nicer than the stuff you get in Mothercare. There's also a Mamas and Papas store in Bristol near Ikea.

Moffit Fri 14-Jan-11 15:02:15

There's Kiddicare, but its in Peterborough, probably too far.

cowboylover Fri 14-Jan-11 22:15:12

I am near Cardiff as well and struggling to be honest!

There is a Mamas and Paps now on the buisness park near the new Cardiff City stadium.

I went to Eddershaws today and was disappointed as not a much choice and I felt the assistants couldnt be bothered to help!

I think only Kiddicare is the only place in the UK that can even slightly compete with Florida

trixie123 Fri 14-Jan-11 22:23:58

there is a woeful lack of really good shops where you can see a large range of stuff. It tends to be more researching on the net to narrow it down, then finding specific stockists. The Earls Court baby show is coming up (and they usually do it in Birmimgham too) which is fantastic for seeing lots of things. Generally Mothercare is not well regarded for customer service if anything goes wrong with big items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now