Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is this normal?

(7 Posts)
Newmummytobe79 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:40:25

Hi Ladies,

I apologise in advance to those ladies much further on in their pregnancy who will now be thinking 'She hasn't got a clue what's coming!' ... but has anyone else got these symptoms so early on?

I'll be around 8 weeks tomorrow and I'm struggling to keep my stomach in! I'm slim and have already put on 5.5lbs which is proving hard to hide at 5ft 3. My stomach has been pretty flat most mornings but it was sticking out this morning and it has at night for the last two weeks.

I'm also feeling sick most of the time (but not thrown up yet), breathless as if I'm full when I've not eaten much. My boobs are so painful and have grown loads! My Mum laughed when she saw me the other day as I've always moaned about how I hadn't been blessed and now I'm trying to hide them!

She also joked that it could be twins - I'm just thinking that I may be further on than I first thought?

I thought you could hide it until 12 weeks (or 6 months in Ms Holden's case!) but I'm avoiding all my friends as they'll guess straight away.

Does anyone else feel very obvious too or is this just normal?

Thanks in advance

x

Bubandbump Fri 14-Jan-11 10:47:09

Tbh every day (at nearly 24 weeks) I still wonder if what is happening is 'normal', the thing is that I have now discovered that there is no such thing as a 'normal' pregnancy so you may have to get used to it!

But yes, I looked pregnant within a week of conceiving, my stomach bloated immediately so much that people at work made some comments..but it was just bloating even though I couldn't believe it at the time and it lasted until the baby decided to make it into a proper bump at about 16 weeks. However it did mean that I had to get into maternity jeans and trousers from 10 weeks- everything else was soo uncomfortable.

Everyone said twins with me too or further along but there was just one in there measuring right for dates!

LoopyLoopsIsNoLongerFestive Fri 14-Jan-11 10:49:53

I'm bigger this time that last time - this time it's one, last time was twins. Everyone and every pregnancy is different.

Newmummytobe79 Fri 14-Jan-11 10:53:29

I'm usually a size 6 - 8 so I think I expected to stay quite small for a little while ... obviously not!

Just feeling nervous and wish the next four weeks would hurry up!

JoEW Fri 14-Jan-11 11:06:06

Poor you! But, yes, it's normal, or it was for me. I think I was just bloated from early on and also I was really hungry the whole time, so I am sure I put on weight in the first few weeks just by ramping up my calories! I'm also short and had big old boobs from the start - I was ripping off my bra at about 6 weeks!

What I would suggest is buy a couple of tops that are a bit floaty or loose to see you through. If you're like me you'll have a really long stage where you feel bigger than normal but you don't have a proper bump. I'm 26 weeks now and only just feeling 'properly' pregnant looking. I was surprised how long it took. I also found wearing tights and dresses worked well as they didn't dig in like jeans and trousers.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Newmummytobe79 Fri 14-Jan-11 11:09:28

I've been eating more ... so I think that may be to blame too!

Hahahaha - your bra comment at 6 weeks made me giggle!

I just want to tell everyone and then I can breath out and not care!

MrsBB1982 Fri 14-Jan-11 22:26:12

I'm not as thin as you but was a comfortable 10-12 with a fairly flat tummy. Much earlier on I was very bloated but as the MS impoved that has gone. I'm 10+5 and in the last 3 or 4 days I've developed a bump. It comes and goes and the only thing I can think of is that it seems bigger when my bladder is full (TMI!). I guess it doesn't hide where it used to when it fills up!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: