Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Chicken Pox - help!!!

(6 Posts)
emmywoo Thu 13-Jan-11 18:27:32

Hi All

I am 12 wks pregnant and my daughter is 3yo. She has had chicken pox twice before but both times very mildly. This evening we have noticed she has alot of spots and there has been alot of Chicken Pox going around so we think she may have it again, but again this time mildly.

I am sure that I have had chicken pox as a child.

However, as you can imagine I am concerned about me and baby.

Can you please provide any advice on this

jasmine51 Thu 13-Jan-11 18:43:35

You can have your immunity checked..but if you are not immune as far as I know you cant be vaccinated on pg anyway...sorry thought I had useful info..but I dont...I'll go away againsmile

OnEdge Thu 13-Jan-11 18:46:38

Can you ask your Mum if you had it as a child? Chances are that if this is the third time your daughter has had it that you are now immune. Just to put your mind at rest, ( I did this too) go to the doc and get him to take a blood test to establish your immunity status.

emmywoo Thu 13-Jan-11 18:59:57

Hi,
Just spoken to my dad and he thinks I had it but cant be sure!!!! (typical man)

I will ring doctors in the morning.
xxx

nickstermum Thu 13-Jan-11 19:10:45

ring your docs, i had the same dilemma. I was 7 weeks pg when DS got it. They checked my blood and it was fine.

nickstermum Thu 13-Jan-11 19:11:23

Ps they need to do the blood test within so many days of you being exposed to it - 7 i think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: