Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

sex to induce labour........

(17 Posts)
Filibear Thu 13-Jan-11 16:02:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

missp2010 Thu 13-Jan-11 16:09:11

Didn't work for me. Although it was sooo uncomfortable that we only tried it the once!

Filibear Thu 13-Jan-11 16:10:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 13-Jan-11 16:12:04

Sex worked for us - not that that was our intention.

DH felt a gush during sex (although I didn't notice), then about 12 hours later my waters started to trickle and ds2 arrived 5 hours later.

I always think it's worth a try.

I think it's Ina May Gaskin who said something like 'he got it in there and he can help get it out.'

Twinklebum Thu 13-Jan-11 17:33:36

worked for me!

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Thu 13-Jan-11 18:26:19

I'm trying it nightly at the moment (38 weeks), although I need a scaffold to stay in any kind of feasible position. grin

Will let you know if it works! Nothing so far...

flowerfairy Thu 13-Jan-11 18:49:06

A knew a midwife said this is the only way that actually works. Rather than the raspberry tea leaf,curry or fresh pineapple. Though i think sometimes baby will come when it is good and ready!
Good luck may be joining you in the test in a few weeks.wink

Coppernoddle Thu 13-Jan-11 18:52:00

It defo worked for me! And I enjoyed every minute of it!!!! (shock) it may be the last chance you get for a long time! Go for it!

Coppernoddle Thu 13-Jan-11 18:52:45

Ok, iPad does not do faces!

MissCalamity Thu 13-Jan-11 20:10:17

It worked for us! I was 9 days overdue and was so fed up and actually had to plead with OH to do it...wink It was quite funny!

Did it about 11pm on the Monday night, lots of period type pains throughout the early hours of Tuesday morning, but bearable - waters broke at 6am, and had my DS at 1.40pm that afternoon.

Go for it, like coppernoddle said could be the last time you do it for a while!!

ShowOfHands Thu 13-Jan-11 20:12:56

It's never been proven to have any link to labour starting. Of course some women will have sex and then go into labour but hundreds won't. Never, ever happened enough to be more than mere coincidence in any study ever carried out.

It has been found that you are very slightly more likely to go into labour if you ingest the semen.

Babies come when they're ready. grin

ThatllDoPig Thu 13-Jan-11 20:15:27

I had to plead too.
Selfish man said no.
He wouldn't even wank in a pot.
I said I would shag someone else, and he just looked me up and down and said "Good luck with that!"
I do see the funny side now, but it took a while. He is lovely normally.

stillbobbysgirl Thu 13-Jan-11 20:20:21

When I suggested this to my dh when 10 days over, his retort was that he couldn't as it was raining so couldn't go out to his van to get his roofing ropes and ladders

i was not as amused as he was by this at the time ...

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Thu 13-Jan-11 22:47:34

SoH, ingesting it you say? Doing it that way is havoc on the heartburn! grin

At my antenatal class the midwife said it's the best way to attempt to start labour (ie, best way compared to the pineapple myths etc), and actually advised us to cross our legs and put our feet up to keep the semen inside for as long as possible!

I don't mind attempting to be honest, DP is still up for it, although appears to be in the minority of men according to some of these comments... hmm grin

(Although I must admit to having eaten an entire pineapple today. Baby is measuring big for my dates, I'm willing to try anything to help him along at this stage - although completely accept it is likely to be fruitless - pun unintended!)

MrsNoggin Thu 13-Jan-11 22:51:56

grin @ ThatllDoPig

Seriously, still chuckling away here!

Sparklies Thu 13-Jan-11 23:01:56

Yep, but I suspect my cervix loves the prostaglandins more than most. We only DTD three times during my first pregnancy - once at 18 weeks and I had mild contractions all afternoon. Again at 28 weeks and had some seriously painful and regular ones for six hours - was very close to going into hospital.

At 36w5d we did it again and had a day full of contractions. They stopped for a few hours, then waters broke and DC1 showed up 3 hours later.

Needless to say, especially as I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix with my second pregnancy, I don't DTD in pregnancy anymore..

Loopymumsy Fri 14-Jan-11 06:31:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: