Talk

Advanced search

TMI ALERT! But at work 38 weeks and worried

(23 Posts)
Ladyopheliastar Wed 12-Jan-11 12:45:20

Just felt the need to pass wind (as happenens!)dashed off and thought I had dihorea issue. When I got to the toilet all I saw on the paper was virtually clear liquid with a light sweet/fish smell, nothing more. Any clues? I'm at work in a school ATM!

ShowOfHands Wed 12-Jan-11 12:46:54

Well, without being graphic, can you be certain where this liquid came from?

Because it sounds awfully like your waters!

Milngavie Wed 12-Jan-11 12:48:13

Sounds like waters to me too smile.

PocketMouse Wed 12-Jan-11 12:49:22

Yep, that'll be your waters

I think it's time to go on mat leave.. grin

heartsnflowers Wed 12-Jan-11 12:50:08

you are meant to phone hospital for this because of risk of infection
i waited 8 hours before seeing doctor-luckily it was Ok but baby was born(prematurely) that night,So off you go and best of luck

sh77 Wed 12-Jan-11 12:51:12

Oh good luck!! Get down to the hospital - is your bag packed? Any cramps?

Do waters look different to watery discharge?

FoghornLeghorn Wed 12-Jan-11 12:52:36

Message deleted

Highlandgirl Wed 12-Jan-11 12:56:44

If you lie down you still leak..? If yes, it's your waters sadly it doesn't stop it keeps coming, so find a pad! Sometimes sitting down can act as a sort of plug.

Clear is a good sign, better than green or brown...call MW..baby's really to arrive and soon.

And leave work...38 weeks you should be at home with your feet up, however clearly baby is really to meet you..smile

Keep is posted and good luck xxx

MrsNoggin Wed 12-Jan-11 13:06:18

Sounds like your waters to me too. Wow, at work! Good luck, let us know how it all goes grin.

Ladyopheliastar Wed 12-Jan-11 13:08:49

I have no contractions and it was only a small amount, so I'm not sure it really is my waters...

ShowOfHands Wed 12-Jan-11 13:11:41

My waters broke unexpectedly. Took quite a while for contractions to start.

And if you thought you had diarrhoea, presumably there was something coming out, not just stuff there when you wiped?

They might just be trickling. Have you a pad you can put on?

Ladyopheliastar Wed 12-Jan-11 13:13:42

Have put pad on, will try and lie down soon,

Littlefish Wed 12-Jan-11 13:14:31

I think, to be safe, that you should phone your maternity unit. They will advise whether they want you to come in or not.

Good Luck! Sounds like it's all about to start happening smile

Littlefish Wed 12-Jan-11 13:15:24

Your waters can go, or start trickling without there being noticable contractions as far as I know. Presume that it is your waters - phone the hospital.

NightLark Wed 12-Jan-11 13:17:58

Agree sounds like waters - mine went with no big 'pop', just a trickle both times. Contractions didn't start for another few hours, so no need to panic! But do let your MW team know, they'll almost certainly want you to come in / to come and see you (as in my case with a HB)

FoghornLeghorn Wed 12-Jan-11 13:18:29

Message deleted

shufflebum Wed 12-Jan-11 14:26:48

Mine broke at 4am, thought I'd wet myself hmmfrom being to lazy to get up for the umpteenth time to go for a pee. Then the reality kicked! Contractions didn't start for another 3 hours.
Keep us posted, do love a live labour thread grin
Good luck

harrygracejessica Wed 12-Jan-11 14:42:19

I found if its your waters gone then the smell is really odd!! Its really really sweet smelling.

Good luck, mine went with a big pop so i knew what it was even though I was 7 weeks early.

mejon Wed 12-Jan-11 15:07:34

My waters went in the middle of the night with DD1 and it was 32 hours before any contractions started. Hope you've been checked. Can I just add an envy as I'm 38+6 and haven't had a twinge yet!

Ladyopheliastar Wed 12-Jan-11 15:20:55

Still feel fine and no more sign of it...have midwife appointment at 4.30 as luck has it, so shall ask her!

Thanks for the support people, even if it is nothing it was great not to feel alone.

Ladyopheliastar Wed 12-Jan-11 19:10:05

Back from midwife, head not engaged, midwife thinks might be 'a show' or nothing at all, so will wait and see!

PocketMouse Wed 12-Jan-11 19:58:41

Did the MW feel if your waters were still intact? The wait and see bit is very tedious, isn't it

if you're concerned just stick a pad on and check that you're not slowly leaking or soemthing.

Highlandgirl Thu 13-Jan-11 11:55:42

Ladyophelia any further news today..?

Have you gone back to work??? Really hope you're resting at home with a cuppa! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now