Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Brown discharge at 12 weeks...

(9 Posts)
Natalie2011 Tue 11-Jan-11 20:19:25

Hi all,

I have a bit of brown discharge, am 12 weeks (today!). I don't feel worried but am worried (!) that I'm being too laid back about it. I have no pains, just this for the last 3 days - I also have my 12 week scan on Friday.

Am I ok to just wait it out til then?

Thanks,

Natalie

moregranny Tue 11-Jan-11 21:20:33

If you are worried phone your midwife, it is a good sign that you have no pain and that the discharge is brown not red but that is what the m/w is there for, good luck with your scan.

MrsB33 Tue 11-Jan-11 22:20:04

hi there, your midwife wont help you at this point in your pg, they would always refer you to your gp as mine did. I assume all areas have the same standard practice.
I went to my gp and had to moniter the bleeding day by day. Unfortunatly mine did end up in a mmc at 13 weeks a day b4 my dating scan. Fingers crossed all is well, i was told its very common to bleed in early pg and that sometimes its just left overblood from your cervix, try not to worry as it cant change the outcome. Good luck for friday x

Natalie2011 Wed 12-Jan-11 17:39:21

Thanks you two - it disappeared all day today then reappeared at night...I'm gonna wait til Friday, partly because I'm too scared to ring doctor! Thanks for your advice though, really appreciate it x

MrsB33 Wed 12-Jan-11 19:30:49

i took a few days off work, doctors orders!! Mine was mainly at night but went from brown to red within 2 days, sounds like yours is from an old bleed, try not to worry and good luck at your scan, keep us posted! Positive thoughts can only helps. X

NewImprovedJollster Wed 12-Jan-11 19:59:05

Good luck with your scan - I know the waiting is horrid. LOTS of women have this and it turns out fine. My personal experience was not so positive, but even if you contact your GP there's nothing they can do until you're scanned. FX for you.

Natalie2011 Fri 14-Jan-11 19:16:33

found out today that baby died at 5 weeks, but thanks for your advice and support you two xxx

MrsB33 Fri 14-Jan-11 19:35:33

so sorry natalie, ensure you get plenty of rest and look after yourself, theres some really helpfull women on the miscarriage/pg loss thread, they helped me through my mmc back in septemebr, with good practical advise as emotional support, pm me if you want to ask any questions. Will try and help as much as possible.
So sorry for your loss xx

NewImprovedJollster Fri 14-Jan-11 21:19:13

so sorry Natalie... it's a horrid time. My first was such a shock (am assuming it was your first too ). Take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: