Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Tightenings at 22 weeks!!

(8 Posts)
harrygracejessica Mon 10-Jan-11 21:50:32

Im nearly 23 weeks pregnant with my 2nd set of twins and experiencing ALOT of proper tightenings to the point my bump goes solid and painful to touch. My bump has also dropped down alot and all movement is very low down in my pelvis.

I had a prem birth at 33 weeks with the other twins so Im not feeling overly confident about the whole pregnancy anyway but this is just giving me the eeebby jeebies. Anyone else having tightenings etc or can give me some positive stuff??

Last prem birth was due to waters going in twin one and sending me into labour so nothing could be done to stop it.

ThwopGoesTheMooncup Tue 11-Jan-11 16:33:43

Hi there- I don't have any experience of what you are going through but I have had a premature baby so I understand your anxiety. I hope you have been checked out and all has settled down.

BitOfFun Tue 11-Jan-11 17:01:13

I would certainly go and get it checked out, given your history. But dramatic tightenings like you describe can start quite early- I remember them clearly from about the same time, to the point that I didn't realise when I actually went into labour at 37.5 weeks. The baby was born in just two and a half hours with no pain relief, so I think that the practice contractions just made my muscles super-efficient! Now I am not you, and I can't give you medical advice, but I just wanted to let you know that there is not necessarily anything sinister going on.

harrygracejessica Tue 11-Jan-11 17:46:16

I havent been checked out as they will just tell me not to worry and if anything happened there wasnt much they can do anyway - very blase sometimes here.

Today has been much better though and have only had a couple, going to get a midwife appointment for next week as they only do them mon, tues and wed and today I slept in until 11, think ive been getting too exhausted which isnt helping matters.

I know there is a hugely high chance they will be early, just a matter of how early!

ThwopGoesTheMooncup Tue 11-Jan-11 17:51:14

Hi again- once you get to 23 weeks there is plenty they can do so please do get checked out if they get any worse. I know some hospitals say they won't act before 24 weeks but NICE guidelines say 23 weeks in consultation with parents.

Hope they stay in for weeks yet! Poor you feeling so exhausted though.

harrygracejessica Tue 11-Jan-11 19:37:39

Thanks for that, going to the midwife next week hopefully and I have the consultant the week after.

Dont think it helps that every night im dreaming I have them at 28 weeks and they are 2lb each.

Luckily OH has let me get a cleaner to help around the house as I have SPD and sciatica too and with 3 other monkeys housework isnt getting done and I need it doing. OH gets home from work and helps as much as possible and hes on nights this week so sleeping around food times to make sure me and the kids eat bless him.

beckie90 Wed 12-Jan-11 20:34:22

hi, im not having twins, but i started getting the tightnings this time around at 15 weeks. im now 27 weeks on sunday, and lately they can be so unbearable, and also very frequent with last night been 3 mins apart. i lost my plug though at 21+3. but my midwife keeps telling me not to worry as it can be normal? but with you having pre term birth before id definately get checked out

harrygracejessica Thu 13-Jan-11 10:18:29

Managed to get a midwife appointment for next wednesday as OH works shifts and I cant walk to town but if I get them badly again ill phone hospital and chat to them, had them on and off through the night but not bad. DOnt think they are normal BH cos they get regular and are rather painful. 23 weeks today and cant wait for this pregnancy to be over as been a worry from day one with cramping, bleeding etc etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: