Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Freaking out ...Advice needed

(6 Posts)
jemsy87 Mon 10-Jan-11 17:44:52

Hi There I am 31+ 4 and 23 years old this is my first pregnancy and I am naturally a worry wart ( not good I know but sometimes cannot help myself). I had just started to relax and worry less about something happining ( sorry to be negative just so scared) until about half an hour ago when I read something about a poor lady haveing a placenta abruption and losing her LO at 31 weeks. Ive never heard of this and I am 2 scared to start googling and we know how google can scare us in pregnancy. I was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this condition. Sorry for the annoying worry post but I keep worrying this is going to happen to me now.....Many thanks x

lilly13 Mon 10-Jan-11 18:20:05

Jemsy, don't worry... Placental abruption typically happens as a result of weak/thin placenta. You would have been told at recent your scan if your placenta has any abnomality / is too thin, etc.

jemsy87 Mon 10-Jan-11 19:00:47

Lilly13- Thank you so much feel better now x

daisystone Mon 10-Jan-11 19:32:52

Stop it! Seriously you need to stop it now. All you are doing is making yourself stressed and stress is not exactly helpful to you while heavily pregnant.

You could walk outside and get run over by a bus this evening, but lets face it, you probably won't. Same goes for all of the thousands of conditions you can read about related to pregnancy.

Be healthy, be sensible and try to avoid stress and worry and you and your baby will be just fine. This is a good time to practice being calm, as when you have a newborn you cannot get hysterical at every little problem - because there will be hundreds of things that scare you when you have a newborn! smile

hester Mon 10-Jan-11 19:36:13

There are risks throughout life, and that certainly includes pregnancy. Placental abruption is rare: I have one friend who had this and yes, it was grim, but she is fine and baby is now a strapping teenager.

There is so much to worry about in pregnancy - and even more in motherhood! This is a good time to start exploring different ways of keeping your anxieties to manageable levels.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

LunaticFringe Mon 10-Jan-11 21:27:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: