Talk

Advanced search

scanning baby scans

(13 Posts)
Honor78 Mon 10-Jan-11 10:05:53

Hi

Has anyone else heard that it's a good idea to scan baby scan pictures on to your computer as they fade over time? I've also heard that it's not a good idea to photocopy them as the heat melts them. I'm a bit confused as surely scanning would do the same? If anyone has done it or knows, please let me know.

Thank you.

HelenLG Mon 10-Jan-11 10:07:15

We scanned ours...

They still look fine.

BooBooGlass Mon 10-Jan-11 10:07:33

I scanned mine 7 years ago (blimey 7 years shock) as I'd heard the same. The original picture has faded a little, but it's in the baby album so kept inthe dark most of the time. Scanning it takes a second and will be perfectly safe

TotorosOcarina Mon 10-Jan-11 10:09:30

You CAN scan them.

You CANNOT laminate them as its heat sensitive paper and the image dissapears.

Scan photos do fade after years, so scan it and you can print out fresh ones

MissLolita Mon 10-Jan-11 15:29:06

I scanned mine and sent the resulting jpg images to photobox and got prints done for my family - worked perfectly!

jazz412 Mon 10-Jan-11 15:31:14

you can scan them but my friend laminated hers (she wanted it to last) and it ruined it, you can no longer see the scan so please DON'T LAMINATE!! xx

tlise Tue 11-Jan-11 10:24:58

I scan mine

With my first 2 nobody said not to put them in plastic so they went in the baby book, with plastic covering and it ruined them and scanners weren't around 17 years ago :'(

But they do fade over time, at least if you scan them you have a permanant copy

humanfraggle Tue 11-Jan-11 13:52:11

i took a picture of mine and had that developed, i figured if anything was going to last, a photo would probably be best

Honor78 Wed 12-Jan-11 08:58:35

Thanks, everyone _ I'll get scanning

FindingStuffToChuckOut Wed 12-Jan-11 16:57:54

I just photographed mine - worked brilliantly

FindingStuffToChuckOut Wed 12-Jan-11 16:58:25

I should add I've never figured out how to successfully scan a photo blush

tlise Wed 12-Jan-11 17:30:27

It should be a case of clicking a button, or you can go into the scan options in your printer folder. Your scanner should be there.

bumpnumber1 Fri 14-Jan-11 08:38:06

I just used a digital camera to take a copy of my baby scan photos and I found a company who engrave baby scans onto a mirror I had my 12 week scan engraved and I just forwarded my photo onto them so now I don't have to worry about the photos fading or losing them.

www.keepitpersonal.co.uk/blog/photo-engraving/have -your-baby-scan-engraved-on-a-photo-frame/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now