Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

only twenty weeks still tired, hormonal etc

(8 Posts)
twins2004 Sat 08-Jan-11 19:24:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

minibmw2010 Sat 08-Jan-11 19:27:14

We were in Asda earlier today and I just felt teary, not sure why really (am 19 weeks) and just felt a bit "is this all my life will be when I've had the baby". At the moment I work in the City, earn a very good salary and am quite independent. I think I was just having a bad day as when my husband came back from getting some bread I was in tears in front of the cream cakes (I never got my cake). Isn't it weird .. hormones have a lot to answer for.

I feel for you, definitely .. hoping you get to the "blooming" phase in a week or two ..

perpetuallypregnant Sat 08-Jan-11 19:36:46

I hate being pregnant (believe it or not), I'm fine for about 25 weeks but the last 15 are sooo long. You are normal.
I'm 23 weeks with number 5 and just want the baby not the bloody crappy pregnancy.

cocoachannel Sat 08-Jan-11 19:44:03

mini I got myself in a terrible state about leaving work and a successful career behind (albeit temporarily) and spending my life in the supermarket at around 19 or 20 weeks. I then threw myself into work and my life was wake, tube, work, tube, minimal sleep, for weeks. Sleeping and eating properly went out of the window as I tried to prove to noone in particular (myself?) that the entire company would surely collapse when I took maternity leave.

This went on, despite protestations from my husband until 30 weeks when I ended up in hospital with a bleed and was told there seemed to be no reason for it but I was clearly exhausted!

Anyway, everything is gone now, but all of that means I'm taking it a bit easier and have even brought my maternity leave forward to 36 weeks from 'kick me off my desk when my waters break'!

Anyway, wanted to share that as hormones are very strange things and stupid as I feel about risking my baby's health, I think it's all too easy to get obsessed with the part of your life you're leaving behind and forget about the more important role to come...!

Good luck!

cocoachannel Sat 08-Jan-11 19:45:25

Sorry 'gone' should be 'fine'. Baby and I are doing well!

twins2004 Tue 11-Jan-11 14:49:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bubandbump Tue 11-Jan-11 15:08:28

Yep me too! I am 23 weeks and again work in the city, very used to being in control of everything. However been so awful for this entire pregnancy that taking holiday that I will accrue for this year and then starting my maternity leave asap - feel like if I go into work I can't function properly but also can't look after me and the baby properly (start throwing up the second I get tired..) So I am kind of hibernating for the next 17 weeks along with getting the nursery sorted...although weirdly this is making me look forward to the birth which just can't be normal!

snowangels1 Tue 11-Jan-11 15:20:45

twins yes I've felt that way too. First trimester I could literally barely get out of bed for weeks with such bad nausea and exhaustion. Second trimester managed to make trips out for no more than 4 hours a day, and often would feel too tired and rubbish to do anything. Now, at 34 weeks I'm more tired than second trimester and struggle to do anything really. Poor DH has been doing everything for months now! Think it's just one of those things sadly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: