Talk

Advanced search

Ouch - Braxton Hicks!

(9 Posts)
flootshoot Fri 07-Jan-11 21:56:29

Never had these when pg with DS but I've been having loads today. I'm only 29 weeks as well so I've got aaages to go. They're really bloody uncomfortable - why des no-one tell you this before you get pregnant?? grin

LondonL Sat 08-Jan-11 09:33:48

I was surprised by the pain of BH, too. Doctor told me many women don't notice them, but some of us get really uncomfortable ones. Lucky us. The encouraging news I received is that BH contractions are a good sign that your body is getting ready properly. Hope they ease off for you in the remaining weeks!

tlise Sat 08-Jan-11 11:05:19

I'm only 26 weeks and had them for the last couple of weeks. They can be quite uncomfortable and worrying. I don't think I have ever had them this early before but baby is being awkward so maybe thats why lol.

Its worse when you get full term,.....then go over and think this is it, its finally starting, to still be there 2 weeks later and when they finally set you off, contractions stop in the middle of labour and you think of all the practice ones you had lol.

beckie90 Sat 08-Jan-11 15:28:18

im 26 weeks too and have been getting them for ten weeks now. and today they have been terrible. getting them all the time. i didnt get them with ds till 30 weeks

Toni2011 Sat 08-Jan-11 17:58:36

I'm having lots of these. This is my second baby so I know it is not anything close to real contractions, but it is very uncomfortable still. Sometimes I don't notice them - I was apparently having regular 'tightenings' at 5 minute intervals according to the reading on the monitor I was strapped to the other day, but I had no idea. At other times they really get me - make me catch my breath and just stand still for a moment until they pass.

I'm hoping that the regularity of these is an indication that my baby is getting ready to arrive promptly - I'm 36+4 today and he is already a good size! I also don't think I can handle having them at 5 minute intervals for the next 5 weeks or more!

Zimbah Sat 08-Jan-11 20:30:40

I'm 22 weeks with DC2 and just realised today that the feelings I'm having are Braxton Hicks. It's not painful (for now, I'm sure that will change!)but feels like a spreading strong pins and needles across my belly - and makes me desperately need to wee blush. With DD1 they started later and were a lot more uncomfortable, I remember once I had to call DH to collect me from the station in the car, which was only a 5 minute walk, as they were so strong I was bent double and couldn't straighten up!

SaraL77 Sat 08-Jan-11 21:41:51

Yeah I've been getting these quite frequently the last few wks (I'm 37 wks on sunday) and more painful than with DS1, my bump contorts into a very strange shaped ball and it does hurt a bit. As others say though, a good sign! With DS1 I had them early from around 25 wks but less strong. definitely something you never knew existed until you're pregnant!

PermaShattered Sat 08-Jan-11 22:10:23

I'm nearly 30 wks with my 4th, and they're so uncomfortable in the evening. They were bad enough with my 2nd and 3rd but even worse this time around. The pain's in back too sometimes.

I'm sitting here (with Xmas chocolates!) waiting for them to subside enough for me to comfortable get up and get myself to bed!

dizzy77 Sun 09-Jan-11 14:55:18

I've been getting them every now and again, not massively disabling apart from the disconcerting tightenings that seem to turn up blush after orgasm...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now