Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Stupid flu jab! Moan alert!

(6 Posts)
soppypreggyloon Fri 07-Jan-11 15:24:18

I got mine this morning after having no contact or advice from gp or mw. My arm is so achey and I have no energy!

I've never had a flu jab before so this might all be normal bit is a bloody pain when you've got a lovely toddler you can't lift comfortably because of a dead arm!

Sorry needed to moan!

CrazyChristmasLady Fri 07-Jan-11 15:29:14

It is a common side effect.

I had the swine flu jab before they were combined and my arm felt like it had been hit by a truck for about 5 days.

I had the combined flu jab yesterday and the ache isn't as bad but it still bloody hurts, and its the side I need to lay on more at night.

Sorry, it is normal though.

Cyclebump Fri 07-Jan-11 15:34:01

Loads of friends experienced this. I got away without any pain but if it makes you feel better I've just nursed my DP through what looked like swine flu and having seen my strapping 6ft 4in rugby player reduced to a quaking wreck who nearly had to go to hospital because he was so I'll I was so pleased I'd had one.

NeedToSleepZZZ Fri 07-Jan-11 15:41:52

I'm with you cyclebump, my OH has just recovered from it and I'm so glad I got the jab!

They were using shorter needles at my gp's as they're meant to minimise the 'after ache' but i was still a bit achey for a couple of days.

happycamel Fri 07-Jan-11 15:41:56

Yep, normal. Was too sore to lie on for three nights, couldn't feel it at all after 5 days. All much more manageable than the flu though. I found extra chocolate helped grin

ajandjjmum Fri 07-Jan-11 15:45:15

Horrible for you - but better than the possible alternative!
Hope you're feeling better soon. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: