Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Non-stop hunger in late pg?

(6 Posts)
CardyMow Fri 07-Jan-11 06:35:42

I'm 38+5, and for the last 2-3 days, I have felt continuously hungry. To the point where despite a reasonably sized dinner yesterday (lamb chops, baby potatoes, baby corn, broccoli), and a snack before bed, I woke up starving at 6am. I have eaten breakfast (lemon and raisin pancakes x4) already, and am now starving hungry again. WTF is going on? I'm eating almost vtwice as much throughout the day as I normally would, yet am still hungry. HELP! I'll be the size of a double decker bus if this carries on.

TryLikingClarity Fri 07-Jan-11 08:47:43

I remember I was like that in late pregnancy too grin

It's prob just your body getting fuel and energy for the end of your pregnancy.

Good luck and eat whatever and whenever you want!

Grumpla Fri 07-Jan-11 08:53:52

Your body is just getting ready for birth - in the olden days you eoildnt have been able to go off and hunt a mammoth for a while afterwards so it's important to lay in energy reserves so you don't starve to death in your cave.

Don't worry about your weight, eat what you want, there is a good reason for it!

I seem to remember eating about five slices of cake a day on top of normal meals at that stage...

SofiaAmes Fri 07-Jan-11 09:03:02

I was like that all the way through both my pregnancies. I did look like a double decker bus at the end of them. Luckily hunger went away and weight came straight off after giving birth.

suzym1984 Fri 07-Jan-11 09:13:35

Hi loudlass I am 36 weeks and also have been like this for the last few days. I woke up at 5.30am yesterday as I was soooo hungry my tummy was growling! I am just going with the flow and eating whenever I am hungry, but trying to make healthy (ish) choices.

Lets hope that this hunger means that the end is near!

WalkTheDog Fri 07-Jan-11 10:15:20

I have had that too (40wks today) and over last 5 weeks I have been so much more hungry and have put on 6lbs - had been at the same weight since about 26weeks - MW said not to worry, listen to your body and try to eat as healthy as possible but enjoy some treats. Also make sure you are drinking plenty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: