Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does nausea mean it's a girl?

(18 Posts)
Nelly09 Thu 06-Jan-11 18:39:59

Just wondering as a friend keeps saying this to me... I have quite strong nausea all day every day! Hoping it goes soon!

Ooopsadaisy Thu 06-Jan-11 18:44:19

Nope - I chucked up for the first 6 of the 9 months with both dcs.

I have 1 ds and 1 dd.

Hang on in there (and keep plastic bags and tissues in your bag at all times).

reikizen Thu 06-Jan-11 18:45:10

no, it means its a baby wink

trixie123 Thu 06-Jan-11 18:46:04

nope. I had no nausea with my son and have had none this time (which is apparently a girl). Sorry, you'll have to wait until the 20 week scan or the birth, none of these theories work.

COCKadoodledooo Thu 06-Jan-11 18:46:36

Not ime! Ds1 I threw up every day at 6pm on the dot until about 25 weeks. Ds2 I was sick as a dog all the way through (and when I wasn't barfing I felt continually nauseous). So I'd say you're having a boy.

Or a girl wink

warthog Thu 06-Jan-11 18:46:57

no. had no nausea with dd2.

there are no sure-fire ways of determining what the sex is until it's outside your body.

here endeth the lesson.

Carrotsandcelery Thu 06-Jan-11 18:47:23

No - 20 weeks of vomit with my dd.
9 months of it with ds. One of my friends was the opposite. The good news is that the theory is that nausea means that the hormones are strong. I promise they are worth it in the end. Congratulations by the way. grin

cocoachannel Thu 06-Jan-11 18:47:30

No nausea and per scan mine's a girl!

sybilvimes Thu 06-Jan-11 18:48:28

I felt worse with my boys than I did with dd.

A friend did tell me though that if your gums bleed when you brush your teeth it is a girl - and that did actually work for me. Gums were fine for the boys but bleed with dd.

bethan37 Thu 06-Jan-11 18:50:43

Im the same this time as i was with my dd, interesting re the gums as i had this with my dd and have it again too...

faverolles Thu 06-Jan-11 18:51:34

I was sick every day with dd.
Then I was sick every day with ds2.
No sickness this time, so I reckon it'll be a baby. That's as far as I can guess

Leilababyno1 Thu 06-Jan-11 19:58:28

I have had no sickness or nausea whatsoever, am 24 weeks at the moment and expecting a girl! Think sickness is more of a genetic/hereditary thing than a gender thing. If your mum had bad sicknesss, likeliness is that you will.

TheSecondComing Thu 06-Jan-11 20:03:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

backintraining Thu 06-Jan-11 20:57:03

Sorry to hijack but that's interesting re. the gums thing. One of the things that made me suspect I was pg this time was because my mouth erupted in ulcers and my gums are swollen etc. I promise I normally don't have an issue with dental hygiene!! I have a DS and didn't have any of these symptoms, a few people have said this indicates a girl - who knows!!

beckie90 Fri 07-Jan-11 20:45:37

i was fine with no1 wasnt unwell in anyway, he was a boy. and then this time constant sickness from 4 weeks pregnant, it went at 3 months and this ones a boy too, each time is different

DiscoDaisy Fri 07-Jan-11 20:47:12

I have 3 girls and 2 boys and have had exactly the same symptoms for all 5 pregnancies.

EthelredOnAGoodDay Fri 07-Jan-11 20:49:25

I had no sickness at all with DD. My mum had loads of sickness with me, but none with my brother. So basically, don't think gender, or genes, have anything to do with it! Congrats BTW.

BooBooGlass Fri 07-Jan-11 20:52:49

It did in my case, day long nausea with dd, totally fine with ds.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: