Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Happy, inspiring and uplifting stories about pregnancy/parenthood

(16 Posts)
Wombat33 Thu 06-Jan-11 14:29:21

I've just found out I'm expecting my first baby. It's early days and yes, I'm feeling tired and sick, but after the agony of a miscarriage last year, I'm loving every second of being pregnant again! grin

Understandably a lot of the threads posted on this site (including mine) are people worrying about things, looking for support in difficult times or just having a good moan about those things in life that get us all down from time to time.

I thought it would be great to collect a thread positive stories about the wonderful bits of pregnancy and parenthood (there must be some, right? Otherwise no one would ever have DC2?!?!).

So please share yours and let me know all the lovely things I have to look forward to! grin

RockChick1984 Thu 06-Jan-11 14:44:48

I'm 30 weeks now, and can ignore any of my pregnancy aches and pains by thinking of my dh's face when we had the 12 week scan, he cried coz he was so happy about it, and I know he will be the best dad to our little boy. Every time I think of it, I realise how worth it every thing is to be able to hold my little boy in my arms xxx

Bumpsadaisie Thu 06-Jan-11 14:53:51

The moment shortly after birth when you are sitting up, on cloud nine, holding your baby and scoffing eating your NHS toast and tea, while watching as your DP tries not to cry with relief, awe, admiration and love, is pretty special!

Also babies and toddlers are great! Particularly lovely is how much they love you - often only "mam-mam" will do for my DD (19mths), and I get about 10 sloppy kisses and little hugs (accompanied by wistful signs of "ahhh, mam-mam!") every day!

Wombat33 Thu 06-Jan-11 15:00:32

grin grin loving this. Thanks RockChick and Bumps!

wigglesrock Thu 06-Jan-11 15:06:39

Am 35 weeks pregnant with 3rd. Have dd1 (5) and dd2 (3), they are the absolute joy of my life. I have had very sicky pregnancies, boils, piles etc. My 2 girls are funny, affectionate, clever (surprisingly so!!), quick, cheeky, one of them is the worlds worst sleeper but they are the best thing I've ever done. I am not at all "earth mothery" no-one is more shocked than me and perhaps my mum wink at how good I am at being a mum and most importantly at how much I enjoy it. Good luck

sh77 Thu 06-Jan-11 15:06:47

Awww bumps that is lovely! I want my baby NOW!! 9 more weeks to go.

PenguinsMummy Thu 06-Jan-11 15:45:18

There is no doubt that being a parent is hard work but I absolutely love it - my 2 DD's are the best thing that I have ever done and I wouldn't change a second - even when they are driving me crazy!

I am 25 weeks pregnant with DD3 and can't wait for her to arrive.

And when DD1 or DD2 declare out of the blue how much they love you, it is the best feeling in the entire world and you cannot stop your heart from melting.

redheadmummy Thu 06-Jan-11 16:09:44

I am loving this thread, I always seem to read about the problems everyone is having.
I am 27 weeks pregnant with DC1. I have been very lucky in my pregnancy (no sickness, or other problems).
DH and I are really excited about having our first child and I am looking forward to being a mummy and enjoying all the moments you have all described.
Thankyou for all the poisitivity.

Wombat33 Thu 06-Jan-11 17:54:42

Hopeful bump for the evening crowd.

NewYearNewPants Thu 06-Jan-11 17:56:42

Well, I've had two hard pregnancies, two c-sections, PND...

...but I would do it again in a heartbeat grin

The best thing I've ever done. The happiest times I've ever had. Love being a parent. Love my children. I'm sure that most feel the same, despite all the hard bits.

trixie123 Thu 06-Jan-11 22:13:31

there are definitely stages that are more trying than others, usually just before they conquer a skill like sitting, crawling walking etc but DS is just gorgeous at the moment. At 17 months he keeps coming up for cuddles and will lean his little head into my shoulder when we are reading "Thats not my pirate" for the millionth time. He has also just started "dancing" to some of the music from his toys which is the cutest thing ever. Oh and he and DP have a bubbly bath together every night and when I go and get him out they always look so great together. There's lots more but you get the idea

smellyeli Thu 06-Jan-11 22:28:19

I have always been a sucker for them both wrapped up in towels, even now that DS is 6 and DD nearly 3 - and I can't wait for this one to pop out (or something) and see all three of them in the bath together - that thought is sustaining me through the puking/piles/carpal tunnel bits of pregnancy. Oh, and when they mumble 'I love you Mum' when they think no-one is looking. And also peeping at them when they're asleep - especially DD who is a rather 'wakeful' child. (as my mother once said - 'think how much she must be learning'. Hmmm.)

Kentmummy Fri 07-Jan-11 02:39:08

I hated the last ten weeks of being PG. I had so much water retention everywhere... So much so I couldn't walk very well without pain and couldn't drive so was housebound. I had SPD, heartburn, insomnia very badly, and don't get me started on labour! But.... The second DD was born and I heard her cry and I held her and when she latched on for her first feed was utterly amazing... Words fail me. We spent 2 days in hospital and the evenings were magical... Just me and DD. She was cuddled up on my chest and felt like just the 2 of us. Will never forget those feelings. The love you feel for them is incredible and makes any PG pain and discomfort worth it... I'd go through 100 times that to feel all those things again.

Bellola Fri 07-Jan-11 03:33:46

I've been on my own with DS (6) for five years it's been tough at times but he makes my heart burst every night when he gives me a big cuddle and says "Night night mum I love you, you're the best" smile

lowra Fri 07-Jan-11 08:51:59

Aaah loving this thread. Making me so excited to meet my daughter. 12 weeks to go!

Any more positive stories?

hazchem Fri 07-Jan-11 09:20:47

At the moment my three favorite things about being pregnant are

How totally loved up me and my partner are. We just seam to be getting on so well and are even more in love then before

the new game where we find a bit of the baby and the poke it a little to feel it move. that sounds really mean but it's gentle poking

my taste buds are doing crazy great things and everything i eat just tastes amazing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: