Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after DH has had the snip? Are there any stats anywhere on this?

(11 Posts)
HowPossible Thu 06-Jan-11 08:00:46

Fuck sad

Northernlurker Thu 06-Jan-11 08:16:48

If he's had the all clear it's a tiny chance. HAve you done a test? Did he do the foloow up testing - because if not then it may not have fully worked and your chances of getting pg are much higher.

HowPossible Thu 06-Jan-11 08:19:12

He had the all clear back in July last year, Dr. said there was no need for a follow up test.

I haven't done a test, but it would be my 6th pregnancy, I am 95% sure of it.

Too scared to do a test

Northernlurker Thu 06-Jan-11 08:22:41

Come on - if he's had the all clear then it's v unlikely unless you've been having an affair? Get a test and then go from there. No point being scared when you may not need to be iyswim.

Northernlurker Thu 06-Jan-11 08:23:48

Got to go to work now - will check back tonight

MonaPomona Thu 06-Jan-11 08:28:25

my dad had the snip after I was born in 1970 and my brother was born 3 years later (is the spit of dad so no funny business!)

MistleToad Thu 06-Jan-11 08:48:45

There are some stats here:

www.ippf.org/en/Resources/Guides-toolkits/Vasectom y.htm

Basically there is only a very very small risk. I hope you can pluck up the courage to do a test today and that you get the outcome you want.

BellsaRinging Thu 06-Jan-11 08:51:19

Yes, a very small risk. BUT it happened to my friend, and was def not the result of an affair as she and her partner had a paternity test when they were involved in legal proceedings. Have my fingers crossed for the right result for you.

NoMoreChocBiscuits Thu 06-Jan-11 15:49:37

My sister knows someone who got pg after the snip. He had been tested and had a sperm count of 5. This is considered infertile and thus the snip had worked. One of those 5 little buggers still got through.

So sadly though it is HIGHLY unlikely you'll get pg again after a succesful vasectomy, it's not impossible.

Sorry.

Northernlurker Thu 06-Jan-11 18:27:26

hope you are ok

Littlefish Thu 06-Jan-11 18:35:41

As far as I know, it's a very small risk, BUT, I know someone that this happened to not once, but twice. Both times, her dh was given the all clear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now