Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

MATB1 form help

(5 Posts)
PerryandGilbert Tue 04-Jan-11 21:59:56

Hi all. I'm 22+5 weeks pregnant, and my employer has asked for my matb1 form. My midwife hasn't mentioned it yet, and can't find a definite answer online. When is the latest that I can give it to my employer? And when should I be given it from midwife. tia

IsItMeOr Tue 04-Jan-11 22:03:31

I asked my midwife for it.

According to this any time after week 20 is okay to ask for it.

Sounds like your employer wants it now, so I'd just ask your midwife at your next appointment - or phone them and ask if it's a while before you're due to see them.

But chapter and verse seems to be here.

nancerama Tue 04-Jan-11 22:05:29

Hi, I believe the Mat B1 can be issued any time after 20 weeks. Either your GP or midwife can provide it. You'll need to provide your employer with a copy by the time you're 25 weeks.

I had an issue with my GP refusing to supply one before 26 weeks, but called my midwife and she's going to sort one out for me this week.

Why does everything have to be so hard?

sloathy Tue 04-Jan-11 22:06:14

Hello

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get my MATB1 until my 24 week appoitnment with my midwife which was quite tight because (where I work anyway) you need to request maternity leave and statutory maternity pay by the 15th week before your estimated week of delivery (so by the time you are 25 weeks pregnant) and I needed to show my boss the MATB1 at the same time I applied for maternity leave.

If you don't have an appointment booked in with your midwife before 25 weeks it might be worth giving them a ring and see if they can fit you in sooner or leave a form for you to collect at the doctor's surgery. I don't think they are allowed to give it you until you are at least 20 weeks in any event (but I might be wrong!).

Hope that helps.

PerryandGilbert Tue 04-Jan-11 22:08:00

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not due to see her til I'm 25 weeks, so I'll give her a ring and ask her to leave it at surgery. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: