Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Muffled movements

(7 Posts)
JeelyPiece Tue 04-Jan-11 19:34:07

I'm 29+4 and baby movements today have felt dampened and muffled. Was getting worried at apparent reduction in movements so have done the drinking juice and lying down thing - When I concentrate I am getting movements that I think are normal except for feeling like there's a cushion in the way.

Could it just have turned round maybe? First baby! I don't have an anterior placenta.

TheProvincialLady Tue 04-Jan-11 19:42:00

Yes, very likely your baby has simply turned round. But you can go to your maternity ward and get checked over if you are worried. They will listen to the heartbeat and probably monitor you for half an hour.

JeelyPiece Tue 04-Jan-11 19:43:19

Should add that I have IBS and my tummy's been a bit upset today so I guess things could be a bit inflamed in there.

JeelyPiece Tue 04-Jan-11 19:46:03

Yes have been trying to avoid phoning triage as I keep thinking it'll kick back in (literally) and don't to go through all that for an overreaction...

JeelyPiece Tue 04-Jan-11 20:27:25

Feel better now! Had a few more movements so figured my Doppler wouldn't give false reassurance. There was a bottom or head-shaped bulge to one side of my belly button that i haven't seen before and it moved while we were using the Doppler. Found heartbeat and had some more movements now so think we have woken him/her up and annoyed it a bit!

TheProvincialLady Tue 04-Jan-11 20:29:11

If you do go to triage, it will be OK. They are used to it and would rather see 20 well women and babies than miss one poorly one. It does sound like you might be getting lots mor movements now though all night.

JeelyPiece Wed 05-Jan-11 13:22:29

Thanks. Baby is nicely busy today so panic #357 over!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: