Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

need advice on severed headaches!!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
Laura05 Tue 04-Jan-11 16:05:24

Hi all im a migraine sufferer but obviously i can't take my prescribed medication! I ended up in bed all day sunday and half of yesterday with a really bad migraine. I got up this morning and i've had a banging headache all day - my head feels like it's in a vice but it's not as bad as a migraine! Paracetamol isn't denting my headache but I don't know whetehr i'd be wasting the doctors time making an appointment. My midwife hasn't been in touch yet (im roughly 10-11 weeks) so i can't speak to her. Sorry for my rant but i'm so god damn miserable! Any advice would be brilliant! Thanks all xx

Blu Tue 04-Jan-11 16:07:04

Oh dear. I'm not sure anything can be done about a severed head. Maybe NHS Direct could help?

Blu Tue 04-Jan-11 16:08:21

Popping back t apologise for being faceatious.
I know nothing about migraine, but think it v reasonable you seek urgent help fom your GP.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 04-Jan-11 16:09:11

Blu grin

I would ring and speak to your GP asap. It may be that you can take a different medication and that you are suffering needlessly.

Laura05 Tue 04-Jan-11 16:12:31

Well i take a migraine tablet and x2 30/500mg co-codomol with every migraine which is strong medication and i can't help but think i'm not going to be able to cope if i can't take anything! I've suffered from migraines from the age of 11 and it took 10years to get the medication right. I don't think i could go back to suffering in the dark again!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 04-Jan-11 17:29:04

Definitely call your Dr.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: