Talk

Advanced search

need advice on severed headaches!!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
Laura05 Tue 04-Jan-11 16:05:24

Hi all im a migraine sufferer but obviously i can't take my prescribed medication! I ended up in bed all day sunday and half of yesterday with a really bad migraine. I got up this morning and i've had a banging headache all day - my head feels like it's in a vice but it's not as bad as a migraine! Paracetamol isn't denting my headache but I don't know whetehr i'd be wasting the doctors time making an appointment. My midwife hasn't been in touch yet (im roughly 10-11 weeks) so i can't speak to her. Sorry for my rant but i'm so god damn miserable! Any advice would be brilliant! Thanks all xx

Blu Tue 04-Jan-11 16:07:04

Oh dear. I'm not sure anything can be done about a severed head. Maybe NHS Direct could help?

Blu Tue 04-Jan-11 16:08:21

Popping back t apologise for being faceatious.
I know nothing about migraine, but think it v reasonable you seek urgent help fom your GP.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 04-Jan-11 16:09:11

Blu grin

I would ring and speak to your GP asap. It may be that you can take a different medication and that you are suffering needlessly.

Laura05 Tue 04-Jan-11 16:12:31

Well i take a migraine tablet and x2 30/500mg co-codomol with every migraine which is strong medication and i can't help but think i'm not going to be able to cope if i can't take anything! I've suffered from migraines from the age of 11 and it took 10years to get the medication right. I don't think i could go back to suffering in the dark again!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 04-Jan-11 17:29:04

Definitely call your Dr.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: