Talk

Advanced search

could something be wrong?

(6 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Mon 03-Jan-11 10:23:02

hi

i'm about 6 weeks pregnant, but i'm really concerned that i have no symptoms. with first pregnancy i had hyperemesis which kicked in almost straight away - was certainly really ill by this point. This time i wouldn't know but for a positive test and no period.

I know i should be happy but i'm convinced this means something is wrong with the baby. Can second pregnancies be so different?

carocaro Mon 03-Jan-11 10:55:13

Mine were.

Had no sickness at all with DS1 but had it with DS2 and it started around the 8 week mark, never sick just felt sea sick/hungover most of the time and really off food, just plain stuff only.

I also felt much better in the 2nd trimester with my second.

So I do think they can vary, try not to worry and focus on the fact you are feeling good and not ill.

All the best.

ninedragons Mon 03-Jan-11 11:04:29

You might just be lucky, and be pretty much symptom-free. I am at 31 weeks and wouldn't know I was pregnant except for being unable to fit into any of my clothes.

fallingandlaughing Mon 03-Jan-11 11:13:31

I am 11 weeks with my first.

I developed mild nausea about 7 weeks.

Before that my only symptom was increased appetite.

LYN1982 Mon 03-Jan-11 12:31:51

Hi eggybrokenoff, I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. (2nd pregnancy as I lost my first at 14 weeks and had symptoms from the minute I had positive test). With this pregnancy I had no symptoms at 6 weeks and was beginning to panic. At 7 weeks every symptom possible kicked in so try not to worry at the moment (easy to say - i know) Congrats on your pregnancy.

eggybrokenoff Mon 03-Jan-11 15:56:23

LYN so sorry about your first pregnancy - just goes to show even having symptoms doesn't mean things are necessarily as they should be.

will try and be positive and enjoy the fact i feel well at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now