Talk

Advanced search

Funny taste in mouth

(6 Posts)
DullWomenHaveImmaculateHomes Sun 02-Jan-11 19:20:09

My DSis has asked me to ask you lot about the funny taste in her mouth. She's about 27 weeks and says everything tastes wrong - just had sausage and mash but it could have been anything.

I always thought it was an early symptom of pregnancy and never had it myself.

Any ideas?
TIA

blinks Sun 02-Jan-11 19:22:05

could just be a random cause of pregnancy or perhaps a sign of deficiency eg iron. she should mention it to MW...

DullWomenHaveImmaculateHomes Sun 02-Jan-11 19:25:57

Thanks. Will pass it on.

Tenalady Sun 02-Jan-11 19:32:41

I had a funny taste in my mouth throughout my pregnancy. It put me off of tea and wine and other things too. No known problem i just got a craving for lemon curd sandwiches to freshen my taste buds, i wouldnt worry.

bonnymiffy Sun 02-Jan-11 21:09:10

Yes, definitely, that's me too. It's mostly metallic, but sometimes just yuck, like I haven't brushed my teeth. Some days are worse than others, and there's no way of knowing which day will be good or bad. Apparently my SIL had it too, all the way through. It's pretty rubbish, MW mentioned there's a homeopathic remedy to try but I forgot which it is, sorry not to be more helpful, as I'd do anything to be rid of it.

Danilou22 Mon 03-Jan-11 09:41:13

I have the taste all the time (I am 15+3) it is worse after I eat and makes me sick. I have never chewed so much gum in my life! Apparently not uncommon though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now