Talk

Advanced search

Discharge?

(13 Posts)
sum04 Sun 02-Jan-11 15:49:24

Is watery discharge and white yellowey creamy bits when i wipe thrush or could it be my waters?
Sorry to gross you out

beckie90 Sun 02-Jan-11 16:15:30

im not sure ive never had thrush, but i got told it was thick discharge bit like cottage cheese ewww lol. have you had any itching or anything, cause its supposed to itch. not 100% though

Highlandgirl Sun 02-Jan-11 16:52:25

Thrush is like cottage cheese..and will itch.

Discharge sounds normal to me..get some pantyliners and buy some of that femfresh wash from the supermarket to keep you well 'fresh'

sum04 Sun 02-Jan-11 17:04:44

But is it normal to basically wet your knickers with discharge?

ellesbelles79 Sun 02-Jan-11 17:31:26

yes completely normal - get some pantyliners quick! smile

flippyfloppy Sun 02-Jan-11 19:30:26

Hi there, I'm 19 weeks pregant and had similar to what you decribe for a couple of weeks, i was also feeling very tender down below but not the horrendous itch which I have experienced with thrush in the past. Anyhow, after a fortnight or so of putting up with it I went to docs and just said I didn't feel right down below, she swabbed me and turns out it was thrush and prescribed a pessary. I have actually just posted in "general health" because after being symptom free for a week or so it seems to have come back with a vengance - fun fun fun!

sum04 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:51:19

Flippyfloppy- Did your discharge appear watery to the point it wet your pants?
Sorry to be so graphic, but for example today everytime i bent over cleaning up after the kids i got wet in my pj pants and when i wipe i have alot of creamy yellow discharge,but that is only when i wipe, the rest of the time it's like i keep wetting myself.

flippyfloppy Sun 02-Jan-11 20:11:18

Hi sumo4, my pants were wetter than I have ever experienced, wasn't sure why even wondered if it was just because I was hot, but was more than that, I even got some chaffing where my pants rubbed the side of my groin, I didn't have loads of white discharge, more a stain on my pants. If it is out of the ordinary for you I would say go to docs and get a swab to be sure.

Highlandgirl Sun 02-Jan-11 20:42:37

Yes sadly it's very normal..! I agree with flippyfloppy get it check out if you are worried.

bonnymiffy Sun 02-Jan-11 21:05:03

Yep, I get that too (currently 18 weeks, and it's been going on for a few weeks now). Pantyliners are the way forward, I'm currently using 1 or 2 a day, and one at night as well. Mine is just how Sum04 describes.

sum04 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:10:48

Bonnymiffy - did your discharge stain yellow on your pants?

sum04 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:11:17

Im just soooo worried that it could be my amniotic fluid leaking??

hoolabombshell Mon 03-Jan-11 10:22:43

sum04 I've had exact same discharge all through my pregnancy and am now 33 wks. Had a swab taken by my nurse at about 12 wks but it came back negative for either thrush or a bacterial infection. I get quite a lot of discharge each day and it is same yellowish colour you describe, so I've been wearing panty liners every single day, it really helps and I don't believe is anything to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now