Talk

Advanced search

Leaking wee and grossing myself out

(11 Posts)
stillfrazzled Sat 01-Jan-11 18:22:04

I'm 35 weeks today with DC2. Have been leaking a bit when I sneeze or cough for a while (the cold was fun...) but now it seems to be happening every day.

I don't feel it happening, but I can smell it when I go to the loo or change. Having to change pyjamas every couple of days and I HATE it.

ANyone else got this, or is my pelvic floor completely and uniquely wrecked?

PermaShattered Sat 01-Jan-11 18:33:20

I'm 29 weeks with my 4th and had this problem with 2nd and 3rd, and this time round. It's a case of tena lady I'm afraid!

It wasn't really a problem after giving birth and my boddy settled back down, but I suspect I will have a problem after this one arrives. If i have, I'll have something done about it.

But it's a small price to pay for beautiful babies/children - but as longterm thing, I won't be prepared to put up with it!

stillfrazzled Sat 01-Jan-11 18:40:26

Stupidly, I hadn't thought of using pads. Duh. You're right of course.

Wish I'd kept up with the stupid pelvic floor exercises. sad

MumNWLondon Sat 01-Jan-11 18:43:13

I had this with Dc2 and Dc3.

Used tena lady (smallest ones though) in the day (with Dc3) just to be sure and had fresh pj's every day or so at night.

I have bought a kegel8, which used quite a lot after the birth (need to buy the specially big probe though for after birth, and do lots of pelvic floor exercises.

DC3 is now 8 months old and it doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem although still trying to use the kegel8 twice a week or so.

stillfrazzled Sun 02-Jan-11 19:54:31

Just thought I'd better come back to this and update my cautionary tale... it wasn't wee, it was amniotic fluid.

My waters have broken and I'm now being monitored, with a view to being induced on Friday.

So, if you're reading this at any point in the future - it's worth concentrating v hard to see where the stuff's really coming from (I'm shocked I got it wrong, but I did) and if it's from the fanjo - don't ignore it..

sum04 Sun 02-Jan-11 19:56:31

Can i ask what the wetness smells like?
Trying to work out if my leakage is amniotic fluid or not?

Jaquelinehyde Sun 02-Jan-11 20:00:40

grin grin I just saw the title of this and was coming on to tell you that your waters have gone, you're not pissing yourself grin

Mine went at about 31 weeks in the same way, they wouldn't induce me until 35 weeks but DS came naturally at 34 weeks. The monitoring and blood tests were a bloody pain.

Good luck.

Sum it has a more sweet smell to it, but I didn't notice it that much. Try catching some in a pot and having a look if your not sure.

stillfrazzled Sun 02-Jan-11 20:06:21

Mine doesn't really smell of anything, can only assume the wee smell was a genuine, separate, leakage (jeez, pg is so dignified, isn't it?).

It's pretty much clear and that's about it, really. Was no mistaking it once it really started to go at 1.30am.

Hospital assured me that it would be "very odd" to have a couple of days of slow leakage and then a big gush. But I'm convinced that is what happened - anyone else had this?

GlitteryBalls Sun 02-Jan-11 20:08:54

See, I have this, and I've mentioned it several times to MW and she always dismisses it as normal discharge. Anyway, I am going in for ELCS on Tuesday due to breech presentation so I don't suppose it matters now if it's amniotic fluid or not...

MumNWLondon Sun 02-Jan-11 23:20:00

Gosh, I did spend most of my third trimester wondering if that I might be leaking amniotic fluids, but the reason I knew it was wee was that I had a cold and it was worse (coughing/sneezing) and then the cold got better and it was much less.

Anmiotic fluid would be constantly leaking, wee would leak when you cough sneezing or really needed the toilet!

Jaquelinehyde Mon 03-Jan-11 10:42:09

Glittery the midwives didn't believe me but on day 3 of leaking I caught some in a pot and took it along to show them.

She took one look and sent me to hospital grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now