Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

12+4 weeks and heavy browny/red discharge?

(4 Posts)
Steph2011 Fri 31-Dec-10 16:18:01

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem??

I am now 12+4 and on boxing day had what i classed as heavy browny/red blood loss, having previously had a miscarriage i have been a nervous wreck since then. (previuos mc at 6 weeks). I called the midwife and she arranged a scan which confirmed all is well with the baby and could give me no explanation as to why this bleeding had happened, all they said was it is common for some women to have this on and off throughout their pregnancy, we were obviously really pleased that all is well with baby but still cant stop stressing..... has anyone else experienced this and if so do you have any tips on anything i should be doing, im trying to rest as much as i can but i am back at work next week so this will be hard to do!!

Any help or support greatfully received....

thanks and happy new year!!

MrsCratchit Fri 31-Dec-10 16:49:56

Hi. I had it at 30 weeks. No reason could be found other than I was exhausted...'just one of those things' apparently.

Happy New Year!

Petalouda Fri 31-Dec-10 17:29:32

I had something similar the day before my first scan.

Scan showed everything could be fine, so afterwards I looked up the dates, and it would have been when my period was due. Also, the sonographer said about implantation bleeding (which I always took to mean the fertilised egg implanting) being the time around 12 weeks when the placenta is implanting (& taking over fully). Which made some sense to me.

Anyway, I had a very similar thing, and I'm now 28 weeks with everything going well.

Try to relax and enjoy the parties! x

cluttermountain Fri 31-Dec-10 18:48:20

The cervix can be very sensitive -erosion or polyps which can cause non sinister bleeding. This happened to me in an otherwise healthy pregnancy on and off from about 12 weeks. Freaked the hell out of me until diagnosed at hospital. They kept asking me if I had had sex..no I would exclaim! [tended to happen after a pooh..sorry!].It seems the surface of the cervix can just be prone to bleeding. If it happens again this is simple to check out- don't be fobbed off. hope you have a relaxing new year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: