Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Work have "lost" my MATB1 form

(10 Posts)
LisMcA Fri 31-Dec-10 10:36:02

angry My midwife said she can't issue copies when she gave me it.

Anyone any experience with this?? Don't know what to do!

I've told them they have to find it but they are quite useless at the best of times!

mumatron Fri 31-Dec-10 10:45:22

my mw gave me a 2nd copy after i dropped the first in a puddle.

although i never asked for it back from work, didn't need it for anything else.

LisMcA Fri 31-Dec-10 10:54:21

Work are saying I might not get my mat pay if they dont see the MATB1. It says in the policy no MATB1 no mat pay. Does anyone know if thats right?

orangepoo Fri 31-Dec-10 10:58:56

MATB1 forms are issued from a pad and I don't think records are kept of whether or not they have been issued as sometimes you don't need them. I needed them with DC1 for mat leave, but when I was pg with DC2, I was a SAHM so didn't need.

They can easily issue a duplicate - would take less than a minute to write onto the sheet. She probably just doesn't want to have to issue duplicates for everyone as it would take up a lot of her time then.

My DH's employer demanded my MATB1 for DH's paternity leave then they lost it. I was able to get another.

Just ask the midwife - she should easily be able to sort it out without getting silly about it - it wasn't your fault after all.

TheChewyToffeeMum Fri 31-Dec-10 11:07:05

You do need it for maternity pay.

Your midwife can issue a duplicate certificate. They just write the same thing again and mark it as DUPLICATE. If your midwife refuses (wrongly) just ask your GP to sort it out.

rubybambini Fri 31-Dec-10 12:33:22

And when you get your duplicate - photograph it so you have a copy. I've done this with all my forms, eg Health in Maternity Grant, Exemption Certificate etc. Who knows if they'll be any use should anything get lost, but it makes me feel better =)

LisMcA Fri 31-Dec-10 13:07:21

Thank you! i have MW next week I'll ask then, however I am holding out for work finding it! I actually handed it in to the HR department as our internal mail system is pants. Just didn't think about them losing it once they had it!

CAS77 Fri 31-Dec-10 18:29:48

It would be entirely unreasonable of them to deny you maternity pay if they have lost the form. I would kick up a fuss tbh if they don't find it and suggest they then won't pay mat pay. I'd be tempted to put some sort of complaint in writing referring to whom you handed the form and when.

That said, you should be able to get a duplicate, but it's not really the point is it?! Very poor administration on the part of your employer. What a pain.

taytotayto Fri 31-Dec-10 21:23:40

your mw CAN issue you with another one, if she refuses again ask to have her managers number and speak to him/her and get them to sort it out. i would then take a photocopy and then give it to your work. i work in the health service and cant see why mw wont reissue one, i know i would. its not like you can or would sell it on !!!!!!!!

RobynLou Fri 31-Dec-10 21:27:26

interesting everyone saying they can issue you with another - my mw made a big deal of telling me to photocopy mine before I gave it to work because they weren't allowed to issue duplicates and it was common for employers to loose them...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: