Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Did i just wet myself???

(13 Posts)
sum04 Thu 30-Dec-10 23:03:06

I just crouched forward and suddenly felt wet on my trousers.
Im really confused if i just wet myself or if it was leaking membranes???
Im only 19 weeks, with my third, but don't recall having this problem with my other 2 pregnancys.
Has this happened to anyone else?

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 30-Dec-10 23:06:36

I've been incontinent for months!! If you can bear to, sniff it - apparently amniotic fluid smells sweet, and different to urine - so as unpleasant as it is, it might be worth checking out in case you need to ring MW.

sum04 Thu 30-Dec-10 23:10:47

What sort of sweet smell? Does it smell completely different to urine?

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 30-Dec-10 23:18:58

Reading in books (as I was only tonight!!) it says that they smell completely different. I couldn't figure out what a 'sweet smell' would be. I can't say I've ever smelled amniotic fluid, but wee would have an ammonia smell (though maybe not if it's really fresh).

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 30-Dec-10 23:22:22

I've found an old MN thread here.

Might help?

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 30-Dec-10 23:23:11

oh - don't think the link works...

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 30-Dec-10 23:27:08

right then - just searched again and people have said

sweet, earthy, hay and sex.

There you go. I'm none the wiser, either.

sum04 Thu 30-Dec-10 23:30:48

Im soooo confused.
Im just worried as i literalyl put my knees up against my stomach to crouch over the computer, then the next secound my pj bottoms felt wet.
It didnt even feel like when you pee on the loo, it just came out of nowhere the wetness???

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Thu 30-Dec-10 23:35:05

another sign is that if you can control the flow with your pelvic muscles, it's likely to be wee - if not - it could be your waters.

Why not ring your local delivery suite? Someone should be able to put your mind at rest - and maybe they'll ask you to go and get checked over tomorrow if it's a concern.

sum04 Thu 30-Dec-10 23:38:13

I try to avoid ringing my hospital.
They always seem so rude and blunt on the phone, like im wasting there time and bothering them.
Thought id probably get better advice off here, as well as reassurance from people who have possibly experienced similar.

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Fri 31-Dec-10 00:27:53

Um - what about NHS direct? Do you find them a bit more approachable? Or what about your team of community MWs? They might have someone on call.

Or maybe someone who knows for sure will be along in a minute. Try not to worry - easier said than done, I know.

CrazyChristmasLady Fri 31-Dec-10 12:53:00

I found this the other day. I went for a wee and just after my trousers felt damp. This was how my waters went with DS (I am only 34 weeks now) and I was worrying but nothing more happened so I have put it down to wee.

I read recently on here that someone was advised by the labour ward to put in a pad and see how wet it was in a couple of hours time. You could try that.

CrazyChristmasLady Fri 31-Dec-10 12:55:29

And I was advised by a friend before that to completely empty your bladder, rock backwards and forwards when you wee to get it all out so that could be what happened when you leaned forwards like that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: