Talk

Advanced search

when did your morning sickness stop?

(18 Posts)
fallingandlaughing Thu 30-Dec-10 21:31:40

Well I was on here a few weeks ago moaning about my lack of morning sickness. As assured by some posters, I did go on to develop it grin Think I got lucky as it seemed mild, never actually vomited.

Anyway I am 10+5 now (officially, though I think I'm 11w today). Haven't felt sick for the last few days. Have had a cold which may be disguising it. So, stopping morning sickness at 10w - early, late, normal? Thanks.

cowboylover Thu 30-Dec-10 21:33:55

I dont think there is a normal as so far it started at 7 weeks stopped at 10, started again at 15 weeks and still on and off now at 21!

Pootle78 Thu 30-Dec-10 21:41:26

Continued to 26 weeks, stopped for a bit and then kicks in every now and then (now 36 weeks)

Everyone at 16 weeks was telling me it should have stopped (although quite obviously hadn't!)

Kentmummy Thu 30-Dec-10 21:48:13

There is no normal I don't think. I felt nauseous from 7 weeks and then threw up every morning and evening until 16 weeks. My SIL was as sick as a dog thoughout her PG and my friend never had a single symptom at all in her PG.
I did read that your hormone levels start to drop at around 10 weeks when the placenta begins to take over, so if there is a normal time to stop feeling sick I guess it would be then!
Hope it doesnt return for you.

Muser Thu 30-Dec-10 22:18:38

According to everyone I have ever spoken to, morning sickness should stop about 2 weeks on from where ever I was in the pregnancy. I was assured it stopped at 10, 12, 14, 18, 20, 22 weeks, etc.

It mostly stopped for me at 30 weeks, but I still get it on occasion. My best advice to you is to repeat to yourself "there is no normal" when it comes to pregnancy symptoms.

LDNlady Thu 30-Dec-10 22:23:49

Like has been said, there is no "normal" when it comes to pregnancy. Everyone is different but mine stopped at around 9 weeks. I am still sick on and off, maybe once every 8-10 days now and I am 17+2. Fingers crossed for you that it stays away for good but make the most of feeling good while you can. x

MaryMungo Thu 30-Dec-10 22:29:40

12w
10w
12w
40+5
Now 13+4 and still got it envy<---repurposed sickie smiley

39 weeks and still got it now im hoping it will go after the baby is born

maryz Thu 30-Dec-10 22:30:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TransatlanticCityGirl Fri 31-Dec-10 03:53:21

Mine started at 9 weeks exactly and ended that same day.

littlemiss72 Fri 31-Dec-10 08:42:39

Mine started around 5 weeks, I was physically sick for around 5 weeks - morning, noon and night. Then at 10 weeks it all stopped! Having had a MMC previously I was a little worried however the 12wk scan was fine.

I'm now 15 weeks and it's started to return along with banging headaches all day every day hmm

fallingandlaughing Fri 31-Dec-10 09:25:54

Thanks all.

Fingers crossed that's it.. didn't realise it was so common to continue all the way through!

JingleJulezbooBells Fri 31-Dec-10 10:23:42

stop? Im 34 weeks n still chucking up most mornings...

hope it stops for you soon

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 31-Dec-10 10:27:58

DC1, about a couple of hours after I'd had him. Remeber my Mum and Dad coming into the room and having DS in one arm and a bowl in the other hand.

DC2 about 16 weeks.

Hope it eases for you soon.

VictoriaLouise90 Sun 02-Jan-11 15:55:44

Hey everyone,

Currently 14+6 with my DC1, I was both lucky & cursed with morning sickness - I suffered with it from 6 weeks & was constantly nauseous but only ever sick twice which made me feel awful because I had that "if I could just be sick I'd feel so much better" feeling. Luckily it subsided at 13 weeks & now I only feel sick every now & then.

Hope everyone else's subsides soon too!

mrz Sun 02-Jan-11 16:04:48

Mine (all day and night sickness) started the day before my pregnancy was confirmed and ended the day before my son was born hmm

Pootle78 Sun 02-Jan-11 16:19:32

To translate my message from above the every now and again can be translated to everyday since I posted on this thread! Pure fluke or something more sinister shock !

lillybloom Sun 02-Jan-11 16:23:19

Mine started the week before pg confirmed and ended the day after ds was born grin but in a very strange way I was ok with it eventually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now