Talk

Advanced search

getting pregnant

(9 Posts)
dollylolly Wed 29-Dec-10 20:27:50

Hiall can anyone please give me advise, i had a mmc at 10 and half weeks in september this year i have had 2 periods since then and i am wanting to get pregnant again asap, even though the pain of my first pregnancy will never go away i still feel so strongly about becoming a mother....I have seen something somewhere describing a gel that helps the sperm swim better once in the female body to make it easier for women to concieve, the reviews on this were amazing, 2 out of 165 i read said it didnt work but the other 163 were very positive, i cannot remember the name and its driving me crazy....can anyone please help me thankyou for taking time to read this xx

SlightlyTubbyHali Wed 29-Dec-10 20:32:14

Hi Dolly. I'm sorry about your MC.

The thing you are after is Preseed.

Not sure whether it is as great as the reviews make out. I'm sure it is helpful if you are someone who lacks cervical mucus but otherwise it is probably a waste of money.

You've been pregnant before so probably don't have that problem. If you can, just relax, have regular sex and give it a few more months.

MumNWLondon Wed 29-Dec-10 20:32:50

http://www.preseed.co.uk/

dollylolly Wed 29-Dec-10 20:36:38

Thankyou for your replys, i am just open to whatever is out there at the minute because before when i did actually get caught pregnant we was trying for just over 3 years and im hoping it dont take this long again

spilttheteaagain Wed 29-Dec-10 21:05:35

dollylolly have you considered charting your cycles? It's immensely useful for helping you time the sex as well as possible and maximising your chances of conceiving.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I lost my first baby in October this year. The pain is indescribable, I hope you conceive soon.

dollylolly Wed 29-Dec-10 21:10:12

hi spilttheteaagain yes i calculate my cycles evey month so i can try and catch my ovulation its just so frustrating I am sorry for your loss, you are right the pain is indescribable. I guess its just a waiting game again but now i actually believe the hardest part isnt actually getting pregnant its carrying the baby to term and that scares the life out of me

spilttheteaagain Wed 29-Dec-10 21:17:05

I completely agree. The innocence of pregnancy vanishes and suddenly you realise it can happen to you not just some unnamed stranger. I am terrified of it happening again. I'm hoping that once I get past the stage where I lost my daughter that it will get a bit easier, but really I don't think I'll relax until I have a baby in my arms.

If you want some company on the ttc journey whilst charting cycles, we've got a group going over in Conception called Charter's Anonymous, where we get to discuss the finer details of our cervical fluid grin. RL friends just aren't cut out for the job!

Lots of luck to you x

dollylolly Wed 29-Dec-10 21:25:11

Thank you very much, i know i will get there 1 day its just going to be a very worrying time untill like you said the day i hold my baby in my arms...I never thought it would happen to me but it did and it ripped me apart I too wish you look for the future and hope one day that you too will get what you dream of xx

lovecrackers Thu 30-Dec-10 08:15:50

The best way to conceive quickly is to use an ovulation monitor and make love during those crucial 2 days. It has worked for me twice - highly recommended

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now