Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

red bloody discharge at 17 weeks

(9 Posts)
knackered76 Tue 28-Dec-10 17:21:25

Not much of it but still definitely there. Anyone else had it? Trying not to over think it or panic but not easy after mmc in july!

Georgimama Tue 28-Dec-10 17:24:13

Ring MW mobile number or delivery suite at hospital. I had small amount of red blood at 15 weeks which was nothing but I went for a scan that day.

SparkleRat Wed 29-Dec-10 19:19:20

I had this with my last pregnancy just maybe a little earlier. Was sent for a scan and all was fine, just one of those things apparently but if you contact your doctor/midwife they can get it checked out to put your mind at ease.

dessen Wed 29-Dec-10 19:21:06

get a scan right now if possible. Hope all is ok

SlightlyTubbyHali Wed 29-Dec-10 19:24:48

I had a bit which I think just related to sex the night before.
My friend had massive bleeds at 22 weeks onwards, as her placenta was low-lying until near the end.
Both babies fine.

Get a scan, it'll make you feel better, but it may be nothing awful.

cluttermountain Wed 29-Dec-10 20:00:44

Hope all well knackered76. I had bleeding in mornings after bowel movements -so sorry for detail- erosion of cervix was the problem. I was glad of diagnosis or would have been panicing daily! Are you ok?

cluttermountain Thu 30-Dec-10 12:45:35

Hope reason for bleeding not sinister. Hope all well.

knackered76 Thu 30-Dec-10 17:58:09

Thank you all for your replies. It's been so manic the last couple of days I've not had a chance to sort out doctors (ill children, dh, etc!) The good news is no more bleeding of any sort and I have started to feel the baby move every so often. In two minds whether to bother doing anything now as it seems to have settled down. I have my 20wk on 17th Jan so might hold out until then unless there is more bleeding.. . . then again I might go to the doctors tomorrow for piece of mind!

dessen Fri 31-Dec-10 08:47:10

That's good news - hope everything will be ok. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: