Talk

Advanced search

c section and recovery in time for take that concert?!

(25 Posts)
bethan37 Mon 27-Dec-10 13:15:34

Hello,

My lovely hubby brought me tickets for take that, only problem is im having a c section four/five weeks before. Am i hoping too much that i will be ok to walk from the train to the concert and enjoy it???
Thanks ;)

SchnitzelVonKrumm Mon 27-Dec-10 13:22:05

You'll be fine physically, but may not want to leave your baby if bfing?

Scouseem Mon 27-Dec-10 13:24:59

I had same prob and the thing that stopped me booking tickets was fact I felt I couldn't leave the baby so young but its a personal choice. I recovered quite quick from c section and don't remember feeling awful for long.

JandT Mon 27-Dec-10 13:25:03

Erm. Well, By 4/5 weeks I could walk probably not quite hunched over but the (if the concert is like all the ones I've been to) people bumping into you on the walk there might kill you. I didn't recover well though so I'm probably the voice of doom.

Fingers crossed you bounce a lot better-it seems that if the c-section is planned you recover a lot quicker so good luck!

Lulumaam Mon 27-Dec-10 13:27:42

if all is well, you should be fine by then, but you might well still be bleeding vaginally and have soreness round your scar. you might also not want to leave your baby for several hours so soon after the birth and especially if you are breastfeeding

you might prefer to rest at home, especially as you won't have had much sleep once the baby is here

bethan37 Mon 27-Dec-10 13:30:26

Wont be bfeeding so thats fine and it is my second child so i feel ok about leaving it with my husband who is fantastic its more the recovery for me i was thinking about, hard to know!

littlemisslozza Mon 27-Dec-10 13:31:11

I had a great recovery so if it was that aspect wouldn't worry me personally - but as someone else has said, it could be hard to stop bf that early for at least half a day, with engorgement and needing to express to relieve it and keep your supply going.

Do you have seats? That would make life a lot easier if you do as you wouldn't have to get there too early to get in the queue, and could go to the loo to relieve your boobs(!) without losing your place. You wouldn't have to worry about standing and being bumped in to either.

littlemisslozza Mon 27-Dec-10 13:32:06

Sorry, posted after you, that removes a lot of the worries I'd have about bfing then, good!

snowmummy Mon 27-Dec-10 16:55:45

I've had one c-section and I don't think I could've gone on a big day out 4 weeks after. I was still sore and oh so tired. Sorry, not what you want to hear.

Megletitsnow Mon 27-Dec-10 16:58:30

I've had 2 cs's (em cs and a planned cs). I would not have been willing to have a big evening out at a gig so soon after the op. At that stage I was only up for a wander round the supermarket, not thousands of people!

Chynah Mon 27-Dec-10 17:23:53

I have had 2 elcs and have felt fully recovered enough to start running again 5 weeks after both. I would have felt fine going to a concert.

cornonthecob Mon 27-Dec-10 18:22:42

my first c-section i recovered quickly and was at a hen night after 5 weeks dressed in my pre-preg seven jeans! second c section i was still recovering at 5 weeks still wearing my maternity jeans (somehow i gained 5lbs post delivery!)!! so ime hard to say, see how you feel after baby's arrival and if you decide not to go then i'm sure you'll sell the tickets quickly...

AlpinePony Mon 27-Dec-10 18:27:18

I was riding my horse 6 weeks post emcs, a concert would've been child's play!

paddyclamp Mon 27-Dec-10 22:54:22

Everyone's different..but i was driving less than a fortnight after my c-section..never had a days pain.. and the concert would have been fine

SmacSmackedSanta Mon 27-Dec-10 22:59:42

I recovered well after my EMCS with DD1 but really struggled after planned section with DD2. Like corn says though if you don't feel up to it I'm sure you could easily sell your tickets.

crystalglasses Mon 27-Dec-10 23:04:37

I had a c section and could have done it easily within 2 weeks although I would have wanted to be seated - doubt I could have stood for the concert.

ILoveGregoryHouse Mon 27-Dec-10 23:06:33

I went to a party 5 weeks post c-section, had to sit down most of the time and left after 2 hours. No way could I manage a concert. But I am getting on a bit and am bf.

mousesma Mon 27-Dec-10 23:06:46

I also recovered really well after my EMCS and went to family party with DH and DD after 2 weeks so I think you'll be fine after 4/5 weeks. Also you probably won't be bleeding much because they kind of "hoover" most of the blood out during the CS. I never had to bother with maternity towels and switched to panty liners after 3 weeks.

stegasaurus Tue 28-Dec-10 06:49:32

I have a similar problem. My DH bought us tickets to see Foo Fighters about 6 weeks after DC1 is due. I pointed out to him how impracticle it would be for me to go though I was thinking about leaving the newborn baby for so long (the concert starts in the afternoon with several bands on and is in Milton Keynes which is a couple of hours away) especially if breastfeeding. I had hardly considered if I would be physically up for it and I don't know if the birth will end with a section. This turned into an argument with DH so we have left it that we will be able to sell the tickets nearer the time if necessary.

If all goes smoothly I'm sure you'll be fine. I had a great recovery and was hoovering my 3 bed house from top to bottom wihin a week (little choice, 2 children and a pig of a hysband!) and by a month later was pretty much back to normal, doing everything that I had done before. I think it's fair to say that a planned section as mine was and yours will be makes this more likely.

I was celebrating a very good frind's milestone birthday at a party about 5 weeks after giving birth - like you I didb't breastfeed and the section was for my 2nd child. I had a great time and no-one suffered, wink

ILoveGregoryHouse Tue 28-Dec-10 20:00:13

Stegasaurus, let me know if you want to sell those tickets. I might be back from middle east in time and am desperate to see them again. And i'll have recovered from cs by then for sure grin. But I hope you'll be okay to go.

gemhandley Tue 28-Dec-10 22:22:39

i went to see take that on the circus tour about 6 weeks after a emcs and i was fine. Are you standing or sitting? if your standing ask ur doc for a note and take a small folding camping stool there not very expensive i saw a few people with them last time. Dont know if you will need the note but it may help on the gate.

Have fun! Im off to Villa park this year cant wait.

itsawonderfuldarleneconnorlife Tue 28-Dec-10 22:37:52

Well, as long as it's not your baby you're worried about, only yourself hmm

mousesma Wed 29-Dec-10 08:14:15

Absolutely no need for the above spiteful comment. OP is leaving her baby to be well cared for by her husband. Would you be rolling your eyes if her DH had gone out for the night without the baby ar 4/5 weeks? No I thought not, jog on.

mozette Wed 29-Dec-10 08:17:04

I went to see Morrissey 4 weeks after my section and was fine. Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now