Talk

Advanced search

Emotional rollercoaster day

(4 Posts)
flowerfairy Thu 23-Dec-10 15:49:03

I know the changes in hormones cause the change in emotions, but today has just felt like i'm all over the place. Sure some of it is to do with prep for Xmas and i seem to have 1 really good nights sleep in every 3. This morning if someone had asked me to have a fight this morning i would have. Was thinking about brother in laws girlfriend who is having an£80 purse from my in-laws and i'm having a set of pans. Then Dh told me to cheer up as i looked just like my sister, which didn't help. Then he gave me my Xmas card and chocolate bar and read the verse and burst into tears. I just don't remember being so emotional in my first pregnancy. The slightest thing can make me dissolve into tears and i just can't help it. Please tell me some of you other expectant mothers have tdays like this too!
By the way i'm 30+5 weeks with number 2 is there asurge in hormones this wek?

PipPipPip Fri 24-Dec-10 10:26:58

Oh you poor thing, it all sounds very familiar and completely normal!

In any given day, I can cry several times - from happy things (crying at nice news or happy memories) to random sad things (I cried when I heard Lily Allen lost her baby, I cried when my boyfriend made an ill-judged joke).

Christmas just adds an extra layer of emotion to all this!

There are a few threads on Mumsnet where people have shared daft 'crying stories' with each other. Lots of people seem to cry at ads on telly, haha.

Anyway, Merry Christmas x

BroodyRhi Fri 24-Dec-10 11:54:26

Just posted in the crying at anything thread, I am not even pregnant and crying at opening pages of the radio times! I think it is this time of year aswell, families, losses presents, its all emotionally charged.

Hope you feel on a more even keel soon, I sure hope I do, my OH not sure what to make of my sudden floods of tears!

Merry Christmas Everybody! smile

BroodyRhi Fri 24-Dec-10 11:54:35

Just posted in the crying at anything thread, I am not even pregnant and crying at opening pages of the radio times! I think it is this time of year aswell, families, losses presents, its all emotionally charged.

Hope you feel on a more even keel soon, I sure hope I do, my OH not sure what to make of my sudden floods of tears!

Merry Christmas Everybody! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now